• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Squad Status: 2020/21 Season

Holymoly   

Boga looks to be the biggest talent we have but he is 17 and I think another year with the U21s would be best.

Actually I disagree. I think he has the mentality of a player far older and would actually benefit from being in the first team squad coming off the bench every now and then. He has the self assurance of Hazard and I don't think holding him back to play with less technically gifted players will do him any good. It's an attitude thing, some players need to feel top of the tree in the U21s whereas others are egotistical enough to believe they deserve to be in The Show whether or not they are playing every game.

Zoowraa   

Actually I disagree. I think he has the mentality of a player far older and would actually benefit from being in the first team squad coming off the bench every now and then. He has the self assurance of Hazard and I don't think holding him back to play with less technically gifted players will do him any good. It's an attitude thing, some players need to feel top of the tree in the U21s whereas others are egotistical enough to believe they deserve to be in The Show whether or not they are playing every game.

I can see what you are saying, I would argue that he wont be playing with less technically giften players with the U21 s though. They all have top technique in our U21 set up, some just dont have his level of talent.

Point I was more getting at, he looks a more talented individual than Baker. But Baker has just improved every year and last year contributed something like 20 odd goals and a few assists too. Boga has all the tools to achieve this too and I would like to see him have a year dominating the U21 age group and displaying strong progress and increasing confidence further.

If he was one of our AMs, I just feel like he will generally be sixth in line. If Willian and Schurrle are on the bench, I find it hard to believe that Jose will throw Boga on ahead of them.

Holymoly   

I can see what you are saying, I would argue that he wont be playing with less technically giften players with the U21 s though. They all have top technique in our U21 set up, some just dont have his level of talent.

Point I was more getting at, he looks a more talented individual than Baker. But Baker has just improved every year and last year contributed something like 20 odd goals and a few assists too. Boga has all the tools to achieve this too and I would like to see him have a year dominating the U21 age group and displaying strong progress and increasing confidence further.

If he was one of our AMs, I just feel like he will generally be sixth in line. If Willian and Schurrle are on the bench, I find it hard to believe that Jose will throw Boga on ahead of them.

I agree but he looks to me like one of those players who will gain from being around experienced players. If he is kept back then he runs the risk of coasting at U21 level and getting out of the habit of striving. Not every player falls into this category I agree,

I noticed the Chelsea TV commentator said last night that "Mikel is still an option for the time-being" implying some sort of inside knowledge?

I've a friend who works at CTV and he has told me that the club have been trying to shift Mikel but it is proving problematic as he does not want to leave as he loves living in London, while he will not take a wage cut.

I've a friend who works at CTV and he has told me that the club have been trying to shift Mikel but it is proving problematic as he does not want to leave as he loves living in London, while he will not take a wage cut.

QPR is usually an answer for these kinds of problems.

Holymoly   

QPR is usually an answer for these kinds of problems.

I wouldn't wish having a team mate like Rio on anyone, least of all a nice guy like Mikel

On CTV, I doubt they know that much that the press hasn't got hold off already. That version of Mikel is pretty much what everyone has guessed but nobody knows for sure.

I wouldn't wish having a team mate like Rio on anyone, least of all a nice guy like Mikel

Maybe he could break Rio's legs and do us all a favour :)

Ruudboy   

On CTV, I doubt they know that much that the press hasn't got hold off already. That version of Mikel is pretty much what everyone has guessed but nobody knows for sure.

Maybe he could break Rio's legs and do us all a favour :)

Personally, I think he should aim higher ...

Sea foot   

Personally, I think he should aim higher ...

Yeah, a couple of inches higher and he could inflict some serious brain damage.

jones   

Yeah, a couple of inches higher and he could inflict some serious brain damage.

Like it! Keep em coming!