• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Squad Status: 2020/21 Season

Faramir   

^ Very disappointed with that.

Ake, Christensen, Solanke, Brown and Boga. Great - happy for them.

But I had hoped that Baker and Chalobah would have been given a fair crack this time around.

The jury is still out on Baker. For some reason Mourinho did not mention him. Perhaps the reason being is that he has not fully decided what to do with him at this point in time.

Faramir   

Another loan to the Championship doesnt say "progression" does it? I was hoping to see him in the PL too. Same with Chalobah.

I would rather they go to the Championship to teams that will play them regularly as starters than to a Premiership team in a relegation dogfight where the manager is more concerned with his job than trusting a young player in high pressure situations.

Faramir   

We'll see if Nate gets a PL loan, but truth be told I don't think he's good enough yet.

If Patrick can make himself a regular, first choice selection with a Championship side that will be progression of a sort I suppose.

A lot of people on this forum talk about our young academy players being ready to come in to the first team. With Bamford, let him go to a Championship team and win the starting striker role and have a good goal scoring season at that level. If he does well he gets a little closer to a squad place with the first team. If he fails at Middlesborough then the club will have to reevaluate.

Faramir   

He did well at Derby but was only there half a season and never really became undisputed first choice. Giving him a full season in the Champ as number one striker is the best thing for him. Scoring 20+ goals in that division is certainly progression.

A year ago I was gutted that Nate didn't get a PL loan and in the end he was disappointing in the Champ. Also using the Omeuruo example I think that the club realise the best thing for these young players is guarenteed game time. Risky loans we have taken such as Piazon to Malaga and Wallace to Inter have not really worked. I suspect that if Chalaboh returned to Watford he would have had another storming season and if they had won the play off final I suspect that would have been in the PL. It shows the fine margins of these decisions, Derby could have also got promoted and taken Bamford. What the club are doing is finding clubs that they trust to use with repeat loans and I'm sure Jose trusts his former assistant to develop these players.

Agree with this. Much better to find a club that needs them and will play them.

paulw66   

Jose mentioned a few by name but no word on Mikel, Moses, Atsu, Bertrand, Lukaku, Courtois, whilst you would assume Marin is a gonner, along with Bertrand.

I wouldnt be that disappointed if we kept Moses as a 6th choice in the attacking 3. HG for a start.

Jose mentioned a few by name but no word on Mikel, Moses, Atsu, Bertrand, Lukaku, Courtois, whilst you would assume Marin is a gonner, along with Bertrand.

I wouldnt be that disappointed if we kept Moses as a 6th choice in the attacking 3. HG for a start.

I believe Mikel and Moses were due back today

What happened to last years pre season suprise? Was his name traore?

The kid we didn't own yet as he was still to young to sign, but already Playing in the national team.

What happened to last years pre season suprise? Was his name traore?

The kid we didn't own yet as he was still to young to sign, but already Playing in the national team.

Traore will be at Vitesse Arnheim this season (announced a few weeks ago, I believe)

Another option could be:

GK: Cech, Courtois, Schwarzer, Blackman

DF: Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Christensen, Luis, Ake

MF: Matic, Fabregas, Ramires, Van Ginkel

AM: Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Salah, Boga, Brown

S: Costa, Lukaku, Drogba

Out: Mikel, Romeu, Torres

Foreign (PL - 16): Cech, Courtois, Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Luis, Matic, Ramires, Van Ginkel, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Costa, Drogba

Foreign (CL - 17): Cech, Courtois, Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Luis, Matic, Ramires, Van Ginkel, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Costa, Drogba

However, this would enable us to retain one of Mikel/Romeu/Torres for the PL squad but not in the CL squad. Another alternative could be to only use ´Schwarzer or Courtois as an alternative for the PL and CL squad thereby freeing up another spot each. Meaning Lukaku can be sold and we will still have three strikers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/jose-Mourinho/10996098/Jose-Mourinho-desperate-to-sell-Fernando-Torres-as-Chelseas-squad-exceeds-foreign-player-quota.html

Very interesting comments by Jose. Confirming at least one player will leave and heaping praise onto the young players. Says that if Brown, Solanke and Baker don't play for England he would have failed them.