• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Squad Status: 2020/21 Season

Cech, Courtois, Schwarzer

A lot of people have decided this is certain.

I still doubt we will have 2 foreign GKs registered and not playing.

I reckon 1 will go - with Courtois most likely, then Schwarzer, and perhaps even both.

A lot of people have decided this is certain.

I still doubt we will have 2 foreign GKs registered and not playing.

I reckon 1 will go - with Courtois most likely, then Schwarzer, and perhaps even both.

If Courtois and Cech stay there's no way we'll register Schwarzer for the PL and CL. He'll spend 6 months training for the League Cup and then hope that someone leaves in January.

45 mins this season, three times that next, proper integration thereafter...

All for youth, but also for winning - and unless we win trophies and ideally get permission to develop local area to expand capacity - I think we need to win to stay in top drawer under FFP - so for me 'give them a fair crack' is high risk - evolve them slowly and steadily I prefer.

I don't mean start on a regular basis, but play alot more than they do now. Manchester United have always been able to bring homegrown players into their first team squad and still compete with them playing alot more than 2 mins.

If Courtois and Cech stay there's no way we'll register Schwarzer for the PL and CL. He'll spend 6 months training for the League Cup and then hope that someone leaves in January.

Yes - or we will loan Schwarzer with some kind of loan recall agreement to get him back if needed (or short loans).

Yes - or we will loan Schwarzer with some kind of loan recall agreement to get him back if needed (or short loans).

I was going to post something about loaning Schwarzer out until January (with someone else paying his wages), letting PC and TC slug it out until Xmas. Make a decision, sell one of them and get Schwarzer back for the rest of the season. But it sounded ridiculous. So I didn't.

I was going to post something about loaning Schwarzer out until January (with someone else paying his wages), letting PC and TC slug it out until Xmas. Make a decision, sell one of them and get Schwarzer back for the rest of the season. But it sounded ridiculous. So I didn't.

I really doubt PC & TC will slug it out. One will have won by August if not already. The other probably already knows his future.

So as it stands, we still need to sort the immediate futures of the following 'more established' youngsters as they remain unresolved (if I'm not mistaken)

Bertrand - not in the pre-season squad, likely to be sold?

Moses - due back today I believe. Outside chance of making 5th/6th choice AM

Lukaku - rumours increasing he's going to EFC Atsu - assume he will be loaned again

Mcreachran - unfortunately think this ship has sailed. Expect him to be loaned not sold though

Van Aanholt - suspect he will be sold

Kakuta - same as Mcreachran

Romeu - signed a new deal and could make the squad but expect it depends on Mikel. Loan surely most likely?

Blackman - was 3rd choice last year but seems to have vanished. Anyone know if he's injured?

I've deliberately not included the players Mourinho has recently mentioned like Bamford and Chalobah because we have a good idea of the club's plans for these.

Mikel, Torres, Courtoius, Cech, etc all have a degree of uncertainty surrounding them but will all form part of the first team squad if they can't be sold.

Any I've missed? I personally think Jose will spring a surprise or two, and the final squad won't look exactly like the 23/24, people have currently been predicting.

So as it stands, we still need to sort the immediate futures of the following 'more established' youngsters as they remain unresolved (if I'm not mistaken)

Bertrand - not in the pre-season squad, likely to be sold?

Moses - due back today I believe. Outside chance of making 5th/6th choice AM

Lukaku - rumours increasing he's going to EFC Atsu - assume he will be loaned again

Mcreachran - unfortunately think this ship has sailed. Expect him to be loaned not sold though

Van Aanholt - suspect he will be sold

Kakuta - same as Mcreachran

Romeu - signed a new deal and could make the squad but expect it depends on Mikel. Loan surely most likely?

Blackman - was 3rd choice last year but seems to have vanished. Anyone know if he's injured?

I've deliberately not included the players Mourinho has recently mentioned like Bamford and Chalobah because we have a good idea of the club's plans for these.

Mikel, Torres, Courtoius, Cech, etc all have a degree of uncertainty surrounding them but will all form part of the first team squad if they can't be sold.

Any I've missed? I personally think Jose will spring a surprise or two, and the final squad won't look exactly like the 23/24, people have currently been predicting.

I suggest you read this ;-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28483243