• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Squad Status: 2020/21 Season

jangz   

long way to go but  think the last 4-5 games are a perfect caricature for the season. Honestly looking across the board we just dont have enough quality in key areas or on the bench to be more consistent.. I think top 4 will be a big over achievement. Top 6 is a more realistic target for us.. 

Who would people have as player of the season for this year? I am finding it hard to think of a player who has been consistent enough to be awarded it. However, if pushed I would go for one of James, Kova or Mount. What does everyone else think? 

JaneB   
1 minute ago, King Kante said:

Who would people have as player of the season for this year? I am finding it hard to think of a player who has been consistent enough to be awarded it. However, if pushed I would go for one of James, Kova or Mount. What does everyone else think? 

James? He's been a bit of a revelation I think 👏🏻

Just now, King Kante said:

Mount by a long way.
James has only had 11 starts (not his fault) so can't be said to be consistent.
Kova has simply proved he can't play 8 but is close to Jorginho or Kante in their positions.
Abraham has 13 goals in 23 starts, which IMO is extremely consistent, even if his very few off days mostly came together at the end.

If I wanted 3 candidates it would be Mount, Abraham, and I can't think of a third.

Both coming off fantastic seasons in the Championships and both would have been getting some games in any squad we have had post RA.  

Ham   
53 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Kovacic for me. 

I'd let Kante leave before Kova. 

It's been an odd season to say the least but I think Tammy purely because he took the chance and flew with it.

James, Mount, Kovacic, Alonso and Giroud also very good. 

Ham   

Insane skills 👏👏👏

2 hours ago, blue moon said:

Unbelievable

Really - I thought it was the kind of think most PL or Championship players could do first take with 20 minute preparation before filming.  
Especially if they were bored with no team training.
I'm sure he isn't trying to show off.
Maybe who watches top footballers in training could tell me.  But it is not particularly special as freestyle.

Ham   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Really - I thought it was the kind of think most PL or Championship players could do first take with 20 minute preparation before filming.  
Especially if they were bored with no team training.
I'm sure he isn't trying to show off.
Maybe who watches top footballers in training could tell me.  But it is not particularly special as freestyle.

Trust you. Kovacic is officially the new Matic.