• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Squad Status: 2020/21 Season

cii99mn1   

I'm fairly sure. That Jose always builds his squads with three CFs so not sure he'll prioritise a fourth.

I Support Sleeping Dave's point about Torres evolving into a wider player - working with a central striker not as one so often.

Sure, we have three strikers on paper but compared to last season only one has really improved (Eto'o to Costa).

BlueFizz   

Sure, we have three strikers on paper but compared to last season only one has really improved (Eto'o to Costa).

Whilst I know where you're coming from, the jury is out on this - Drogba may turn out to be up to it still when needed, in which case I think he's well ahead of Ba.

Faramir   

Whilst I know where you're coming from, the jury is out on this - Drogba may turn out to be up to it still when needed, in which case I think he's well ahead of Ba.

Also, Mourinho will trust him more than Ba. I think Drogba coming on about 60+ minutes will be a familiar sight this season.

bert19   

Presuming Moses could be kept on as a home-grown option (and thus not count as one of the 17 foreign players) ?

jones   

I still feel confident Moses will leave, most likely on loan. Mourinho did not rate him one year ago, could have brought him back in Jan but bought Salah instead. People are unimpressed by the Egyptian, but there was a reason JM bought him while having a quite similar HG option at the books (Moses). As much as he offers directness and pace, I would assume that what is lacking is tactical discipline and decision making. Of course, it is theoretically possible to keep him as a 6th option, but I honestly think a loan to a mid-table PL club is beckoning. Somewhere he can reproduce his Wigan performances, and recoup some of the money spent on him in summer 2012.

If both Courtois and Cech are here come Sep 1, Schwarzer will likely not be registered and be a training ground/Cup player that provides some kind of insurance to Cech/Courtois. I think that is the solution to our "one too many foreigner situation".

However, I don't think it is certain that the window is closed for our sake. Mikel and Torres I would assume is still very much on the market, and if we can sell them they will be replaced by players that can go directly into the starting XI.

Edited by jones

paulw66   

Keeping Moses makes plenty of sense. Squad filler, HG and wont expect to play week in, week out.

Interestingly though, Courtois, Moses and Marin are still without official squad numbers, unlike Drogba.

Olusisi   

They is also space for Moses this summer unlike last summer when we had six attacking midfielders at the end of the summer transfer window plus we have to add as much players into squad especially ones like Moses that can be added without taking a foreign space.

Last season we were lucky that for most of the season, our players were injury free but can we go into this season depending on luck again as a few injuries to some players and we would be in trouble.

Good point Oluisi. 6 AMs last year. In hindsight Moses would have been better than KDB.

Very easy to say now though.

Holymoly   

We really need to start shifting out some of the dead wood, they're just cluttering up the place confusing us all.

We really need to start shifting out some of the dead wood, they're just cluttering up the place confusing us all.

I think that Marin and Davila are the only real "dead wood" that we have left - although I'd also expect loans for Delac, Chalobah, Atsu, Saville, Kane, Perica, McEachran and Bamford.

Moses could contribute this year so I'd expect him to be given a squad number soon.