• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Burnley 1 Chelsea 3

Brilliant that a new season is upon us!

Thoughts:

- Hate that we're starting on a Monday evening

- This is a genuinely tricky start with how up for it they will be to begin with. 1-0 to us and I'd bite your arm off.

- Has everyone stopped whining about preseason things yet? Hope so.

- I'll be so utterly sad if Cech leaves. He's not the reason we didn't win the league last season. He's still immense IMO.

COME ON YOU CHELS!!!

Stim   

I think that Courtois will start on Monday and be our #1 GK for the season.

Cech will seek clarification from Mourinho and probably look for a new club in the last 10 days in August.

I doubt Mourinho would treat Cech like that. He would have received clarification a while ago, not be given 10 days to find a club.

He's been better than Cech for ages now.

Are you joking ?

paulw66   

I doubt Mourinho would treat Cech like that. He would have received clarification a while ago, not be given 10 days to find a club.

I would hope you are right.

paulw66   

Brilliant that a new season is upon us!

Thoughts:

- Hate that we're starting on a Monday evening

- This is a genuinely tricky start with how up for it they will be to begin with. 1-0 to us and I'd bite your arm off.

- Has everyone stopped whining about preseason things yet? Hope so.

- I'll be so utterly sad if Cech leaves. He's not the reason we didn't win the league last season. He's still immense IMO.

COME ON YOU CHELS!!!

Agreed on all counts especially the bolded bit. I have a canvas print on bedroom wall of big Pete with the CL trophy in his big, safe hands in Munich. It often annoys when I hear comments on how Drogba "singled handedly" won us the final........big Pete saved 3 penalties that day. Hero.

Zidane   

Agreed on all counts especially the bolded bit. I have a canvas print on bedroom wall of big Pete with the CL trophy in his big, safe hands in Munich. It often annoys when I hear comments on how Drogba "singled handedly" won us the final........big Pete saved 3 penalties that day. Hero.

See my avatar. Of all the players on the pitch that night, Cech stood out for me. Best keeper in Europe in 2012.

paulw66   

See my avatar. Of all the players on the pitch that night, Cech stood out for me. Best keeper in Europe in 2012.

FA cup final save from Carroll's header..........

Give me 3 points. I don't care how. I still remember United loosing there in 2009.

This. No Robbie Blake-style theatrics, please!

But could them being "up for it" work in our favour if they actually come out and attack?

I suppose it depends on the tactical nous of Sean Dyche...(of which I know nothing).

Cech is and always will be a Chelsea hero and Legend, Courtois has the opportunity to be the same.

IF Cech is to leave this season then it is in no way a mark against his ability or performances, it is simply down to the fact that we have a ready made replacement who will play on for at least 10 more years than Cech will, so it does make sense to make the change now, while we still can.

What will be will be and I trust Jose to make the right call, whatever that may be.

Cech's contribution to that victory cannot be underestimated. He bailed us out with a penalty save five minutes into extra time, then did it again in the shootout.

As others have said - legend.

Stim   

Cech's contribution to that victory cannot be underestimated. He bailed us out with a penalty save five minutes into extra time, then did it again in the shootout.

As others have said - legend.

Not forgetting his series of saves against Barcelona.