• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Burnley 1 Chelsea 3

Khobar   

Cech

Ivanovic

Terry

Cahill

Luis

Fabregas

Matic

Hazard

Willian

Schurrle

Costa

Courtois. Azpillicueta. Oscar. Salah. Torres. Zuma. Mikel

Really would be nice to lay down a marker in this game, a struggled win would do but anything other than a victory would see all those questions about struggling against lower teams coming to the surface again.

Still, I'll go 3:0 with Costa scoring on his debut and Fabregas and Matic running the midfield. If it all goes right, it has the makings of a 6 or 7 goal win.

paulw66   

another spin on the Cech v Courtois scenario is the report in yesterdays Evening Standard that Courtois is reluctant to sign a new deal.

The worst of all outcomes, we sell Cech, then in 12 months time. Courtois is in his last year of his contract........all of sudden instead of 2 top keepers, we have none.

another spin on the Cech v Courtois scenario is the report in yesterdays Evening Standard that Courtois is reluctant to sign a new deal.

The worst of all outcomes, we sell Cech, then in 12 months time. Courtois is in his last year of his contract........all of sudden instead of 2 top keepers, we have none.

I doubt we'll sell Cech before Courtois has signed. Atleast, I wouldn't do that.

Sciatika   

Hmm. First game at Turf Moor against newly promoted Burnley? I'll take a 0-1.

cam4blue   

The story from the Standard says he's waiting to see if he's No.1 before signing.

So, if the story is true, your doomsday scenario is impossible.

cam4blue   

Anyway;

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry -Luis

Fabregas - Matic

Schurrle - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

The bolded ones I'm a bit unsure about.

Azpilicueta might start on the left if we want to ease Luis in. Cech might start in front of Courtois as he's only had a game and a half in pre-season. Willian might start instead of Oscar, with Schurrle playing off the striker.

Holymoly   

Hmm. First game at Turf Moor against newly promoted Burnley? I'll take a 0-1.

FFS mate...first game of the season. We always seem to be on top of things in game 1 home or away. If I were a neutral I'd be fearing for Burnley, I really would.

paulw66   

The story from the Standard says he's waiting to see if he's No.1 before signing.

So, if the story is true, your doomsday scenario is impossible.

That is all well and good but time frames are a bit tight, no?

Is it that straight forward? Will starting at Burnley be enough proof for him to sign a new deal?

paulw66   

FFS mate...first game of the season. We always seem to be on top of things in game 1 home or away. If I were a neutral I'd be fearing for Burnley, I really would.

you wouldnt take a 0-1?

I sure would.

jones   

Where is Torres the blue with his score predictions? I get really depressed with these sensible "bite your arm off for 1-0" comments. Hrmpf.