• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Burnley 1 Chelsea 3

cam4blue   

That is all well and good but time frames are a bit tight, no?

Is it that straight forward? Will starting at Burnley be enough proof for him to sign a new deal?

If I were you, I just wouldn't worry about it. If we want Courtois to stay and be our No.1, play regular football for one of the World's biggest clubs in the World's most watched league and get a hefty pay raise, I'm pretty sure that's what will happen.

paulw66   

If I were you, I just wouldn't worry about it. If we want Courtois to stay and be our No.1, play regular football for one of the World's biggest clubs in the World's most watched league and get a hefty pay raise, I'm pretty sure that's what will happen.

You're probably right - just thinking out loud really. We simply cannot sell Cech before Courtois signs up though.

You're probably right - just thinking out loud really. We simply cannot sell Cech before Courtois signs up though.

So now two keepers have us over a barrel.

If I were Cech's agent I'd be suggesting a bonus for Cech if he leaves, plus a max 5m transfer fee and a 5m signing on fee from the buying club with a 150k salary for 7 years.

Plus of course the buying and selling agent's fees.

Or of course Chelsea can keep him and let Courtois's agent do something similar.

The Read Jose's Mind Challenge, in which members try to predict the players Jose will select for each game, is back for a second season. A full description of how the challenge works can be read here.

Anyone who would like to enter their prediction of the line-up for this game can do so in the thread linked here. Just follow the link and post a reply naming the eleven players you think will be selected to start. The deadline for predictions is two-hours before kick-off so, 6:00pm BST (5:00pm UCT/GMT) on Monday 18th August 2014.

bluepuma   

The home side will be desperate to do well in front of their home support - this'll be like a cup final for them in a way. Newly promoted and first name up is that of the title favourites - they will be buzzing for sure.

That could, however, be to our advantage - after an hour running off the nervous energy they could start to tire and make sloppy mistakes. I also think the home support will encourage them to press on, leaving more gaps for us to exploit.

This could be like one of those 'games of two halves' from last season - keep things tidy for 0-0 at half time before running getting two or three in the last half hour.

0-3.

Sir   

Horrible little away game for the start. Sky Sports, Monday night football, the world against us etc - still, if we do our job....

Holymoly   

Where is Torres the blue with his score predictions? I get really depressed with these sensible "bite your arm off for 1-0" comments. Hrmpf.

Rumour has it we sold him to Galatasary for a bag of Flaming Hot Monster Munch.

I'm not up to his quality obviously but I'm seriously expecting 4-0. Always good to get the new boys early on when they haven't yet cottoned on how to play against us.

Courtois, Ivanovic, JT, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle, Costa

Yep, thats the line up

Scooba   

Yep, thats the line up

Luis will start this game, 100% sure of that. Questions remain over who will start in attacking midfield and RB (though I suspect Zoowraa will be paying up). 2 of Willian, Schurrle and Oscar will start, not entirely sure who.