• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Aston Villa 0

Terrific performance from 1 to 90. No mistakes at the back, deadly in attack. That's how we should play. Oscar with his first stand out performance of the season. If only he could keep this up.

Not missing Lampard a bit. We look much more fluid and dangerous without him. Fabs and Matic have been amazing so far!

I agree, very good performance. Kept the ball nicely, tried to find gaps patiently and controlled their counterattacks really well.

One of the best things about the win today is that it could very easily be described as 'regulation'.

This is how you win league titles, you reel off regulation wins.

- main striker scores

- keeper gets clean sheet

- no frenzied draining last 20 mins

Can't ask for much more than that. Love the football we're playing too!

Great start to the season! Onwards to Lisbon...

We didn't miss Lampard today did we? Perhaps we should talk about him in his own thread.

And because we didn't we don't need him full stop?

downtown   

And because we didn't we don't need him full stop?

I'd say NO,we don't need him. Not because I don't think he can contribute intermittently, he's proved time and again he can. However Jose will not drop him,he just can't. Had Frank stayed Jose would play him without a break and our overall play suffers for it. Jose is way too attached to him probably cause he depended on Frank more than most in his first spell here.

Our fans will start screaming his name as well if things start to go south and Lampard is not on the pitch. I think it was the right decision to let him go. The team has to evolve.

He's scoring at an impressive rate for City sure but I hardly think one would expect him to rise from the ashes and all that jazz. Let's not forget he was struggling towards the end of last season to make any sort of impact in games.

I think it will all taper down soon enough. He's 36 after all.

Back to the game-

Good solid win. 3 points in the bag.

Villa did not threaten at all. and Costa's goal sealed the win.

Oscar, Ivan or Matic for Motm. Could not choose between them.

Faramir   

Luis at LB would stretch their defense line paper thin and create gaps in the middle for Costa & co to exploit. Azpilcueta is a great man marker but doesn't help (or even hurts) the attack going forward and for me shouldn't be required against Aston Villa with due respect to Villa.

Azpilicueta's cross got us our second goal. He also put in a great defensive shift again.

Faramir   

Very good team performance. We stayed patient despite Villa playing with ten men behind the ball through most of the game.

Did not allow Villa any clear cut chances. Nice to get a clean sheet.

We look much more equipped to score against teams who park the bus this season.

Our rivals are behind us by the following amount of points after only 6 games:

City 5

Arsenal 6

United 8

Spurs 8

Liverpool 9

Everton 10

I'd say NO,we don't need him. Not because I don't think he can contribute intermittently, he's proved time and again he can. However Jose will not drop him,he just can't. Had Frank stayed Jose would play him without a break and our overall play suffers for it. Jose is way too attached to him probably cause he depended on Frank more than most in his first spell here.

Our fans will start screaming his name as well if things start to go south and Lampard is not on the pitch. I think it was the right decision to let him go. The team has to evolve.

He's scoring at an impressive rate for City sure but I hardly think one would expect him to rise from the ashes and all that jazz. Let's not forget he was struggling towards the end of last season to make any sort of impact in games.

I think it will all taper down soon enough. He's 36 after all.

Back to the game-

Good solid win. 3 points in the bag.

Villa did not threaten at all. and Costa's goal sealed the win.

Oscar, Ivan or Matic for Motm. Could not choose between them.

A very good summary I'd say, both of the Lamps debate and today's match, which was our most complete performance of the season so far. Played really well both in defence and attack.