• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Sporting Lisbon 0 Chelsea 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League match against Sporting Lisbon at Estadio Jose Alvalade, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Tuesday, 30th September, 2014.

Not a big expert on Portuguese football, but Sporting had a somewhat slow start into the season with just two wins in six games and a goalless draw against Maribor in the CL. No disrespect to Maribor and the Portuguese league, but a cheeky win there should be doable.

Then again, we failed miserably against Schalke at home, and I do consider Sporting away a tougher game, even though this is just based on intuition and stats rather than observation of their games, of which I haven't seen a single one.

I am really torn about whether we start Costa for this one... We can't treat the Champions League as secondary for very long and get away with it, but then we have Arsenal on Sunday!

At least the size of the Tuesday-to-Sunday gap would help Costa in such circumstances. Unlikely that we'd be winning and secure enough to pull him off after ~60 mins in Portugal, but we can only hope...

Lampen   

Easy win. Next please. Oh that's arsenal. Easy win. Next please. That's crystal palace, will be tough.

Can Remy please start this?

As for the weekend, Arsenal are facing an injury crisis and will probably play Flamini in midfield. No excuses really if we don't win against them.

owir   

This upcoming match of UCL is going to be an interesting and technical game for us.. I believe our players are in business and fit to make a victory