• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Arsenal 0

I must admit I'm worried after last night, Gooner fans all over the BBC match commentary claiming Welbeck is the New Henry.

Martin Keown even mentioned it.

The BBC themselves even went as far as putting a picture up of Welbeck and Henry side by side asking the question ' is Welbeck the new Thierry Henry?'

Putting pressure on him now is a very good idea. They are geniuses.

Arkie   

Bit worried for this one to be honest. The script has been written for Arsenal to get away with a point ( no more I think ). They genuinely looked very good vs Galatasaray (poor I might add) side. I think we should be cautious in our predictions.

My starting eleven is TC - Iva- JT- Gary-Azpi-Matic- Fabregas-Willian- Oscar- Hazard- Diego

Prediction 2-2

Scooba   

^Poor guy. That's Welbeck's career finished then.

And the careers of the journalists who made the comparison.

Bit worried for this one to be honest. The script has been written for Arsenal to get away with a point ( no more I think ). They genuinely looked very good vs Galatasaray (poor I might add) side. I think we should be cautious in our predictions.

My starting eleven is TC - Iva- JT- Gary-Azpi-Matic- Fabregas-Willian- Oscar- Hazard- Diego

Prediction 2-2

They didn't look good against GS at all imo. All of the goals were handed to them on a plate and they didn't even move up a gear at all so it's not a game we can judge them.

Hell you might call me crazy but after the red card GS should've got back in to it. Unfortunately they failed to score a 2nd, but if they had I wouldn't have been surprised if Arsenal ****ed it up from there.

God our starting 11 looks so good. Just look at it. Who out of the Arsenal side is seriously going to step up against these warriors? 5-1 to us for me. Costa to net a hatrick, Fabregas and Matic for the others.

Sciatika   

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/arsenal-fc/startseite/verein/11

Lots of injuries there.

But not only this brought a condescending smile on my face. Look how they rate Özil's market value as high as Hazard's....

For a real laugh, how about the Guardian Top 100 in 2013 list:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2013/dec/100-greatest-footballers-2013

You have Hazard 100th, with the likes of Isco and Koke ahead of hiim.

Holymoly   

It's reassuring having Jose's hand on the helm when we go into these flagship games. You know for a fact that Wenger's normal, calm measured approach becomes totally screwed by his desperation not to appear Jose's bitch on these occasions. While Arsenal have a few flair players I'm confident that our overall power and relentless pressing in these big games will pay dividends at the weekend, especially at the Bridge.

paulw66   

For a real laugh, how about the Guardian Top 100 in 2013 list:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2013/dec/100-greatest-footballers-2013

You have Hazard 100th, with the likes of Isco and Koke ahead of hiim.

Lists like that will just serve to annoy.

Vertonghen almost 50 places higher than Hazard, whilst Ozil is in at no.12.

Scooba   

Gonna go for 4-2. I can see us scoring 2 goals reasonably quickly then sitting back a bit (naturally) conceding one, scoring one, conceding one then scoring another.

Costa x2, Ivanovic and Hazard.