• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Tottenham 5 Chelsea 3

I'm focussing on us beating them 6-5 on aggregate this season.

I'd thought of leading with the, "Well, we've won 6-5 on aggregate and we're still top of the league" line as well, but has anybody got any better ideas as to what I can text my two Spurtz-supporting mates?

Baloo   

Which begs the question why he's still not here?

Or do you and others claim Lampard wanted to move to City and quit Chelsea?

We messed up big time with this and should only blame the club for letting such a good player leave. Mikel is our third CM ffs.

He's not here because he wanted too much money. Given his substandard season last year he had no business putting pressure on the club by demanding an out of proportion wage.

Now some of you may think that for his fantastic service to the club he deserved a renewed contract but don't forget Frank was paid a handsome wage when he was with us and if he felt a genuine love for Chelsea he would have taken a pay cut and helped us in other areas by motivating and coaching etc.... I mean, it's not like he was going to fall behnd on the mortgage if he had a drop in wages. He could learn something from Drogba.

There's also the question of FFP. No one would seriously say we did not buy wisely and make the necessary adjustments to challenge for the Title. To keep Frank would have been a luxury, last season proved that.

Frank is clearly on a mission to prove we were wrong to unload him and all that badge kissing seems a bit pointless now. There's a big difference between players and supporters, Frank refered to scoring against us as "doing my job", it's so much more than that. I remember Butch Wilkins going to Utd, I was gutted and so angry, I thought he was Chels through and through and could'nt understand why he wouldn't want to play for us in the 2nd division, he was doing his job. Well Frank I hope you do your job very badly at City in the same way I hope Silva, Toure,Kompany & co do a bad job....just as I hoped Wilkins would be rubbish at Utd.

It's nonsense to say "we messed up" with Lampard. I wouldn't change our personnel - one poor result against spurs does not wipe out some of the best football we have ever seen from our club.

Well the one common factor in that is the weather. I seriously believe he doesn't enjoy playing in the cold.

Being charitable, there was a report that Oscar was sick over Christmas. There's lots of stuff we don't know about. Schurrle has been suffering from some mystery illness. Ramires hasn't been properly fit for a while. Wasn't Remy out with an injury just recently?

In Oscar's case I'd be inclined to put it down to too much football rather than an aversion to cold weather. He was completely knackered most of last year and then went to the World Cup over the summer. He started this season brightly enough but has faded badly. If anyone's in need of a winter break it's Oscar I reckon.

In which case he's not really worth persisting with is he?

I think people forget how young he still is. At 23 - he's still got a few years left before he's peaking. City's squad is peaking right now. Ours won't peak for another 2-3 seasons.

He is frustrating and far more frustrating than either Willian or Schurrle in my opinion. Reason for that is that his ceiling is so much higher but he's not even close to realise all his potential.

One aspect is to blame the player. Another is to blame the club/manager.

Well the one common factor in that is the weather. I seriously believe he doesn't enjoy playing in the cold.

That's an aspect one can't dismiss out of hand. It's happened for a third time now and it's always around this time. So yeah - fatigue, weather, insane schedule and the hustle of PL football is all different here compare to other leagues in Europe.

This is Jose's second season and as far as I am concerned there has not been any sustained improvement in our overall game. There were promises of a new kind of football at the start of the season but all that fizzled out a long time ago. And by the way, we had similar spells last season when we thought Jose was on to something more progressive, but it turned out to be a blip. And in any case, when Jose has come under any pressure he has resorted to what he knows best, except that it doesn't quite work these days.

It think it helps us to carry on hoping that we can just sign a few players and move on a few, and everything will be sorted. Eventually, denial will give way to reality. No doubt some will continue to place the blame somewhere else. But I don't see how we can have it both ways; either Jose has the squad to do the business as he says, or he doesn't, in which case he does not know what he is talking or he is not telling it like it is.

Shoot the messenger.

Are you seriously saying you can't see a sustained improvement of our game since Tubby compared to now?

You're not easily swayed are you?

Tubby: 75

Jose I: 82

Jose II: 87 (if we can keep the current pace)

If you're talking about "style" then the statement becomes even more difficult to comprehend.

Are we te finished article? No - we are not. Jose has always said this is a work in progress and it speaks volumes it took you six months to come back here. A team will have ups and downs during a season. It's the reaction that counts.

Being charitable, there was a report that Oscar was sick over Christmas. There's lots of stuff we don't know about. Schurrle has been suffering from some mystery illness. Ramires hasn't been properly fit for a while. Wasn't Remy out with an injury just recently?

In Oscar's case I'd be inclined to put it down to too much football rather than an aversion to cold weather. He was completely knackered most of last year and then went to the World Cup over the summer. He started this season brightly enough but has faded badly. If anyone's in need of a winter break it's Oscar I reckon.

People have been saying that Oscar's had too much football for ages now. He had quite a long lay off last year when that claim was first raised. Then there were rumours that he was saving himself for the the World Cup. Whatever the truth may be, he's not contributing anything now. Elsewhere, Willian continues to be industrious, which seemed to completely satisfy some on this forum, but his attacking contribution is minimal. He scores zero goals and has few assists to his name. Add in Schurrle's incpnsistency, (if that's not flattering him), Salah's complete irrelevance and Remi being for some reason studiously ignored by the manager and it leaves us with Hazard and Fabregas to create stuff and Hazard and Costa to get the goals. Our opposition knows where the real threats are in our team and act accordingly by kicking Eden at every opportunity and isolating Costa whilst, at he same time, trying to wind him up.

We have a small squad and even within that restriction we're not rotating at all, presumably because JM has no faith in the understudies. Bob was right when he pointed out that we've really struggled with our form for a while now. Where we were once sweeping to victory, we are now back to heaving ourselves over the line in spite of our shortcomings. Something needs to be done pronto, either in the transfer window or by rethinking the way we play with the players we have now, if our current problems are not to become even more damaging.

I think people forget how young he still is. At 23 - he's still got a few years left before he's peaking. City's squad is peaking right now. Ours won't peak for another 2-3 seasons.

He is frustrating and far more frustrating than either Willian or Schurrle in my opinion. Reason for that is that his ceiling is so much higher but he's not even close to realise all his potential.

One aspect is to blame the player. Another is to blame the club/manager.

In what way would you blame the manager for Oscar's lack of contribution Dave?

I use a simpler rule...How pissed off would I be if that were our defender and the penalty given?

I would spend my whole life being pissed off if that was the case. Its bad enough as it is.

Crazy game. I guess if pushed I would need to place the blame at Jose's door. Minimal rotation during a crazy schedule of games. There is no reason why Remy, Schurrle and others could not have featured more.

Also I understand the reasoning behind the Salah sub, just not the personnel. The game was stretched and he wanted to exploit the space on the break, and give Spurs something more to think about than Eden - but I cannot fathom why he didn't choose Remy. He's no slouch, has played wide before, is more composed and has hit the net when he's come on this season. Worryingly, Jose doesn't trust him, Salah offered nothing.

Hazard was immense. Let's take it as a wake up call and put it right