• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Stoke City 1

cam4blue   

I can pretty much guarantee that thinking like "I won't play player X in this crucial game in case he is suspended for that crucial game" won't enter into Mourinho's mindset. He won't be getting ahead of himself (especially as getting ahead of yourself is a surefire way to mess up the "easy" game anyway).

It's too bad Fabregas didn't pick up a yellow in the last match so he could miss out on Stoke and QPR. Interesting game. Stoke are always brutes. We should go at them. I like the idea of Remy just behind Costa (if fully fit). I'd go with this lineup:

------------Courtois------------

-Ivan---Zouma--Terry---Luis-

--------Mikel----Matic----------

Willian------------------Hazard

-------------Remy---------------

-------------Costa--------------

paulw66   

I actually think Fabregas is more value in helping us beat the smaller teams where we dominate possession.

His absence in the bigger games might not be so crucial.

Either way, it wont impact who gets picked when. Just try and get as many points as possible every game. If he plays the next two, we win both and he picks up a booking at QPR, we will be a minimum 6 points clear with City and Arsenal only having 6 games left.

I actually think Fabregas is more value in helping us beat the smaller teams where we dominate possession.

His absence in the bigger games might not be so crucial.

Either way, it wont impact who gets picked when. Just try and get as many points as possible every game. If he plays the next two, we win both and he picks up a booking at QPR, we will be a minimum 6 points clear with City and Arsenal only having 6 games left.

Agreed.

paulw66   

That booking at Soton sure looks like a double slap in the face now.

That did occur to me too. Not only robbed of 2 points, but potentially could cost one of our important players for 2 crucial games. I really don't see why a booking like that cannot be rescinded.

cii99mn1   

That did occur to me too. Not only robbed of 2 points, but potentially could cost one of our important players for 2 crucial games. I really don't see why a booking like that cannot be rescinded.

The ref is never wrong. Ever.

jones   

I can pretty much guarantee that thinking like "I won't play player X in this crucial game in case he is suspended for that crucial game" won't enter into Mourinho's mindset. He won't be getting ahead of himself (especially as getting ahead of yourself is a surefire way to mess up the "easy" game anyway).

I disagree. There is a two match ban involved here. Let's say Matic plays against Stoke and does not get a card. You think Mourinho would risk him against QPR, if it meant we could be without him for our two toughest remaining games?

I think both of them will play Stoke, and that Matic will be rested against QPR.

I disagree. There is a two match ban involved here. Let's say Matic plays against Stoke and does not get a card. You think Mourinho would risk him against QPR, if it meant we could be without him for our two toughest remaining games?

I think both of them will play Stoke, and that Matic will be rested against QPR.

If we win both games against Stoke and QPR it would take something immense for us to blow that lead in 7 remaining games. We could then literally draw 3 games against the likes of United, Liverpool, Arsenal and lose one other and still win the league (if my maths worked out properly) on goal difference.

Mourinho is going to need to see out these 2 games coming up. Best 11 every week from here on end please.

cam4blue   

You think Mourinho would risk him against QPR, if it meant we could be without him for our two toughest remaining games?

Yes.

I think Mourinho would rather deal with a problem when it arises than get caught out trying to pre-empt a problem that may never arise. He won't be d**king about playing "ifs-buts-and-maybes" at this stage of the season (or at any stage TBH). He may have a word with a player and tell them to play it safe, but I don't think it would go any further when points are on the line.