• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Stoke City 1

To be honest, this is the one criticism I have of our squad set up. We are worried about having to use players from the bench. A team like ours who wants challenge on every front, needs 18 top quality players, who can rotate freely without giving us fans high blood pressure.

10 quality players, 10 to 14 good ones. This obsession with quality over quantity is the whole problem.

All this yellow card talk is nonsense, just play the proper people, Mikel is going to be back anyway right?

Has he actually been injured or just in dispute with the club?

The club is always reluctant to discuss injuries, yet he has been injured quite a bit for the last few seasons without any proper explanation.

"Mikel had a little surgery on his meniscus," said JM. Yet that sounds precisely the kind of treatment that would wait until season end.

Has he actually been injured or just in dispute with the club?

The club is always reluctant to discuss injuries, yet he has been injured quite a bit for the last few seasons without any proper explanation.

"Mikel had a little surgery on his meniscus," said JM. Yet that sounds precisely the kind of treatment that would wait until season end.

Or maybe he's just not that important to us so there's no need to delay any ops?

If you are right in your thoughts that our players are always playing injured then that should tell you what JM thinks about Mikel.

Or maybe he's just not that important to us so there's no need to delay any ops?

If you are right in your thoughts that our players are always playing injured then that should tell you what JM thinks about Mikel.

Or what Mikel thinks about JM.

Or rather what the club and Mikel think about each other.

There is a long history of secret ruptures between individual players and club, and I am sure it applies to other clubs too. As I keep on writing, alongside injuries, rotaton and stuff, when planning the season's squad, individual fall outs are always something to be considered.

I have no real idea of what is going on, but I think injury sounds a little odd right now.

Yeah I don't think Mikel is the one calling the shots.

He's told if he plays or not. Don't think anyone care what he thinks about Mourinho.

GURJ SS   

10 quality players, 10 to 14 good ones. This obsession with quality over quantity is the whole problem.

Totally understand what you mean. The way I see it, you have 11 starters, then on the bench: GK, DF, DM, CM, AM-WG, WG-SS, ST, to work with different tactics etc. However the bench players must provide a serious challenge to first team places. The rest of the squad places should go to good players, either very very good young players who also play at reserve level(Baker, RCL), or very very experienced players who can do a job if needed, e.g: Smertin like.

Problem with having too much quantity, is keeping the squad happy. Truth is, if we had 18 top class players, they could have all rotated throughout season and avoid fatigue. Truth is, lack of trust in the players quality made up Jose's mind to not rotate, he must have deemed it too large a risk.

Yeah I don't think Mikel is the one calling the shots.

He's told if he plays or not. Don't think anyone care what he thinks about Mourinho.

No - if he says he is injured he is injured.

if he says he'll play through the pain he is available.

That is how it really works.

Might need to take of my tin-foil hat, but from the minute I heard of Mikel's 'injury' I felt that it was a sign that he is going in the summer. JM did the same with Mata and Schurrle said they had small injuries and then they were left out for a prolonged period. Think the same is happening to Mikel here, might be completely wrong but just a gut feeling.

Ham   

Oscar and Willian playing particularly well for Brazil right now.