• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

BlueFizz   

I'm surprised to see suggestions that we stick Zouma into midfield. Definitely a case of supporters' anxieties influencing the truth.

We're at home. We won't be gung-ho (are we ever) but I think United have as much to do to stop us as we have to stop them.

There are no certainties in life, but at home, top of the league, despite their good run I still put us as favourites.

What makes me laugh is pundits and "experts" saying how we are stuttering. We have taken 27 points from the last 11 league games.

The only result which I would put as bad was Burnley at home, a game in which we were robbed by the officials. Granted, we haven't blown teams away but we have been remarkably consistent in terms of churning out wins.

Long may this stutter continue.

And even though it's true we aren't playing to the early season-standards, people seem to forget we have been playing well in patches.

I thought we started really well against Hull and Stoke for example, and played some of our best stuff. Then we regressed and gave it away. But after going in front again, we managed the game and hardly gave away anything.

Sciatika   

That defence is there to be got at. De Gea is a decent shotstopper but he does not dominate his box. Their back line has the likes of Valencia, Smallnig and Jones. And I don't think Carrick has ever played a good game against us event when he was at Spurs.

Scooba   

Carrick might be out anyway ^^^. Not sure if that is good or bad news for us.

Dear Dierdre

I've got a real knob of a Man United fan who lives next door to me. Suddenly he wants to talk football and keeps telling me now how brilliant his team are. Anyway here's my problem. He is too tight to buy Sky Sports so this evening he came right out and asked me if he could watch the game at mine!! What a ******* cheek!! I mumbled something like " I suppose so" as I didn't want to seem un-neighbourly but truthfully I'd rather he stay in his shite hole and listen to it on the radio.

If I knew we'd win I'd sit him down in a prime spot and line up the beers but what if we lose? I know what he will be like. Please help!!

Concerned from Brighton.

What is impressive about United is their defensive and offensive shape. Haven't really followed Van Gaal's career very closely, but his teams seem to have a knack for being good positionally and winning second balls.

I actually think we match up well with them. Their game seems to rely on speedy outside players who can cross the ball and hit big targets like Fellaini. Mata, Herrera are key in getting the ball around the edges, Fellaini is key inside the box, Rooney is key in distributing the ball quickly enough to the outside edges. We just happen to have one of the best full back pairings in the world so we should be well quipped to deal with their outside men. Our CB's are very good in the air and should do well against Fellaini in the box. And the likes of Matic and Ramires are good at breaking up play and disturbing the peace of mind of their technical players. We are build to stop teams like these.

I am more worried about our offensive game. Costa would have been so so vital in this one. His movement would cause headaches for Van Gaal.