• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: David Luiz Departs For Arsenal

Recommended Posts

I'm still really annoyed by this and reading the thoughts of some posters on here isn't making me less annoyed . Luiz is miles better than the mediocre Christensen and the bang average Zouma who people seemingly like because his middle name is Happy because I cannot fathom what else he brings to the party , it certainly isn't passing out from the back or demonstrating a cool head under pressure.

Arsenal had lost their best defender and now we've not only sold them ours but saved them money so they can afford to strengthen further just like we helped them buy a striker who if he had one leg would hop straight into our first team . We are Arsenals mvp.

It doesn't surprise me though that Luiz is no longer the heroic figure , playing out of his skin on one leg in the Champions league final but a clown who can't defend with a bad attitude I've seen exactly the same revisionism regarding Conte .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It doesn't surprise me though that Luiz is no longer the heroic figure , playing out of his skin on one leg in the Champions league final but a clown who can't defend with a bad attitude I've seen exactly the same revisionism regarding Conte .

Let's be fair here, Mark. I completely agree with you that Luiz was our best CB and we've done ourselves no favours, at least in immediate playing terms, with this deal. But let's not pretend there's much revisionism on Luiz. Plenty here were gleefully slating him for much of the last 8 years. One or two were doing it in this thread before any of this even broke. I think they're wrong, but lots have at least been consistently wrong on Luiz. 

Likewise, a few of us here didn't hugely rate Conte when finishing 1st or 5th, and said as much each week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Let's be fair here, Mark. I completely agree with you that Luiz was our best CB and we've done ourselves no favours, at least immediate playing terms, with this deal.

I've just seen SKY show Arsenals starting side .

They're now a lot better than they were and in my opinion will easily leapfrog us . They have a better right back , two better centre halves and Scotland's best prospect at left back . They've strengthened in midfield with Pepe arriving and have two forwards who walk into our side . And we've helped them achieve this AGAIN , why ?

The damage in losing Luiz pales against the damage a stronger Arsenal will mean to Lampards future . 

He may as well pack it in now , there's no hope whatsoever in us getting top four and I'd be shocked if we got top six and the morons in charge won't stand for it .

City have strengthened , Liverpool may as well be playing a different game to us , Spurs have strengthened , Arsenal are miles better , I'm looking over my shoulder at Leicester and Wolves.

What a state of affairs . What utter incompetence at board level .

Maybe Buck can lead a delegation to my house to witness the suffering Chelsea have caused me ?

Edited by Mark Kelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've just seen SKY show Arsenals starting side .

They're now a lot better than they were and in my opinion will easily leapfrog us . They have a better right back , two better centre halves and Scotland's best prospect at left back . They've strengthened in midfield with Pepe arriving and have two forwards who walk into our side . And we've helped them achieve this AGAIN , why ?

The damage in losing Luiz pales against the damage a stronger Arsenal will mean to Lampards future . 

He may as well pack it in now , there's no hope whatsoever in us getting top four and I'd be shocked if we got top six and the morons in charge won't stand for it .

City have strengthened , Liverpool may as well be playing a different game to us , Spurs have strengthened , Arsenal are miles better , I'm looking over my shoulder at Leicester and Wolves.

What a state of affairs . What utter incompetence at board level .

Maybe Buck can lead a delegation to my house to witness the suffering Chelsea have caused me ?

Arsenal are not miles better at all.

Luiz / Koscielny - flip of a coin.

Pepe in, but Ramsey gone.

Ok, they have new left back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paulw66 said:

Arsenal are not miles better at all.

Luiz / Koscielny - flip of a coin.

Pepe in, but Ramsey gone.

Ok, they have new left back. 

Paul mate , they are miles better , miles . Watch this space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Paul mate , they are miles better , miles . Watch this space.

Ok. I heard that pretty much all last season. Including how they were going to paste us in the EL final. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Ok. I heard that pretty much all last season. Including how they were going to paste us in the EL final. 

Sorry I was in the motion of changing my post .

There are two factors here , they are stronger but we are considerably weaker .

Hazard won us the Europa league , perhaps we can get him on loan in January .

Losing Hazard and Luiz is losing two experienced top pros and replacing them with kids isn't strengthening us .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sorry I was in the motion of changing my post .

There are two factors here , they are stronger but we are considerably weaker .

Hazard won us the Europa league , perhaps we can get him on loan in January .

Losing Hazard and Luiz is losing two experienced top pros and replacing them with kids isn't strengthening us .

That in itself isn't true. Plenty of other more than signifcant contributions

I wouldn't call Zouma and Pulisic "kids" either 

Edited by paulw66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

That in itself isn't true. Plenty of other more than signifcant contributions

I wouldn't call Zouma and Pulisic "kids" either 

Paul , Zouma is a dreadful player , dreadful . Pulisic in comparison to Hazard is a kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Paul , Zouma is a dreadful player , dreadful . Pulisic in comparison to Hazard is a kid.

France international.

A player Everton were desperate to keep hold of.

He's not dreadful. Come on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now