• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: David Luiz Departs For Arsenal

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

France international.

A player Everton were desperate to keep hold of.

He's not dreadful. Come on. 

Just you and me today mate , 

I think he's terrible , can't pass , runs around like a headless chicken , he's now our defensive leader. Lol.

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Just you and me today mate , 

I think he's terrible , can't pass , runs around like a headless chicken , he's now our defensive leader. Lol.

You got no work either?!

Let's wait and see. He might surprise you. 

I am hopeful also we are going to get more than 12 league goals from our 3 centre forwards. Let's hope so, anyway 

Just now, paulw66 said:

You got no work either?!

Let's wait and see. He might surprise you. 

I am hopeful also we are going to get more than 12 league goals from our 3 centre forwards. Let's hope so, anyway 

Recuperating from bum surgery ! Perhaps that's why I'm particularly grumpy today .

I hope you're right mate , I sincerely do .

It just feels like , once more , we've pulled the carpet out from under ourselves , making the job harder for a man who I dearly wanted to succeed and stay a while .

JaneB   

I'm waiting to hear what Frank has to say about this at his news conference.

Personally I'm still gutted and seeing him in an Arsenal shirt is not nice.

Whichever way you look at it, it's not a great way to start the season but let's see how the others do.

For all your faults, including maybe this final happening, thank you David Luiz for all the good times, of which there were many and which I won't forget. I am sure there are many Chelsea youngsters who came into contact with you that are very unhappy today. Difficult to explain to them why you've left.

Another 'redundant' shirt to put with the others I have, 25, 6, 8 and 11, which I like to keep in honour of great players we once had, even though some on here don't understand that.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The damage in losing Luiz pales against the damage a stronger Arsenal will mean to Lampards future . 

This was going to be a difficult season with or without Luiz, little changes the scale of that.  We lost Hazard, and a number of formerly great players aged another year over 30.
Teams don't just fall apart overnight, it take several years of mismanagement and usually some timelag.  

Pretty sure the Board understand this.  It is why I have been against Lampard coming - the team needs an experienced manager more than ever, while Lampard more than anyone needs to start on a positive step.  Lets hope the board have built all this into their expectations for SFL.

Paul mate , they are miles better , miles . Watch this space.

This season yes.  Man U, Spurs too.  There is a reason Arsenal can add a 32 year old to their squad - most of their players are still getting better.

Paul , Zouma is a dreadful player , dreadful

Not dreadful, but he is an old style defender.  About as much use for a modern top 4 team as Joe Hart is as a keeper.  Zouma (and probably Baka) work for a lower PL team with <40% possession.  But not for a modern team where playing the ball about the back is crucial.

Borussia pressed us hard for the first 20 mins and we looked awful.  Imagine Zouma pairing Rudiger for a season in the Prem and CL!  Could be a very tough season for Jorginho between those two.

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

I'm waiting to hear what Frank has to say about this at his news conference.

I'm sure we'd all like a good honest account of how it happened.  It isn't what news conferences are about though, least of all from Frank.  
Frank could tell us how he loved Luiz who was terrific in the dressingroom, and even I (who pretty much believe this) wouldn't take it as evidence.

paulw66   
15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

This season yes.  Man U, Spurs too.  There is a reason Arsenal can add a 32 year old to their squad - most of their players are still getting better.

Really? of all the players to have played a significant number of games last year, only Bellerin, Torreira, Maitalnd-Niles and Guendozi are under 26.

I am not sure Sokratis (31), Mkhitaryan (30), Lacazette (28), Ozil (30), PEA (30), Monreal (33), Mustafi (27) and even Xhaka and Kolasinac (26) are likely to improve much. 

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Really? of all the players to have played a significant number of games last year, only Bellerin, Torreira, Maitalnd-Niles and Guendozi are under 26.

I am not sure Sokratis (31), Mkhitaryan (30), Lacazette (28), Ozil (30), PEA (30), Monreal (33), Mustafi (27) and even Xhaka and Kolasinac (26) are likely to improve much. 

Thanks for doing the work. But I still think the likes of Pedro and Willian are tailing off faster than Arsenal, in part because AM is such a key area.  Without claiming any deep knowledge of Arsenal, my impression is that they have a lot of young players who are partially integrated into the first team where as we are counting on youngsters who have barely ever played for our first team.  

From the press conference (started 13:15 BST)

"Honest conversation" between Lampard and Luiz earlier in the week. Lamps made clear there was no falling out and no 'strike'. Luiz not training was Lampard's decision due to on-going conversation they (Lampard personally and club in general) were having with Luiz. 

Essentially has reiterated that he doesn't have a set 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice... everyone must fight for the shirt, whoever they are.

No news regarding CHO contract

Regarding expectations: he's not thinking 2nd is good, top 4 is good, top 6 is good... we go out to win every game in every competition.

Loves hearing 'outsiders' and media downplaying our expectations and writing us off. It's not how he's thinking and it's not how the players are thinking.

Kante fit but hasn't decided if he'll start. Willian and Rudiger still a little way to go before being able to be considered.

Edited by Bob Singleton

8 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

From the press conference (started 13:15 BST)

"Honest conversation" betweeWayne Rooney deserves opprobrium for his boneheaded association with the gambling industry n Lampard and Luiz earlier in the week. Lamps made clear there was no falling out and no 'strike'. Luiz not training was Lampard's decision due to on-going conversation they (Lampard personally and club in general) were having with Luiz. 

Essentially has reiterated that he doesn't have a set 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice... everyone must fight for the shirt, whoever they are.

No news regarding CHO contract

Regarding expectations: he's not thinking 2nd is good, top 4 is good, top 6 is good... we go out to win every game in every competition.

Loves hearing 'outsiders' and media downplaying our expectations and writing us off. It's not how he's thinking and it's not how the players are thinking.

Kante fit but hasn't decided if he'll start. Willian and Rudiger still a little way to go before being able to be considered.

And luiz being 4th choice was the decider.