• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: David Luiz Departs For Arsenal

8 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

From the press conference (started 13:15 BST)

"Honest conversation" between Lampard and Luiz earlier in the week. Lamps made clear there was no falling out and no 'strike'. Luiz not training was Lampard's decision due to on-going conversation they (Lampard personally and club in general) were having with Luiz. 

Essentially has reiterated that he doesn't have a set 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice... everyone must fight for the shirt, whoever they are.

No news regarding CHO contract

Regarding expectations: he's not thinking 2nd is good, top 4 is good, top 6 is good... we go out to win every game in every competition.

Loves hearing 'outsiders' and media downplaying our expectations and writing us off. It's not how he's thinking and it's not how the players are thinking.

So are we to read into this that Luiz felt he should start regardless and Lamps said it had to be on merit not history ? 

God , I hope Tomori is as good as SFL thinks he is because the other two aren't .

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

So are we to read into this that Luiz felt he should start regardless and Lamps said it had to be on merit not history ? 

God , I hope Tomori is as good as SFL thinks he is because the other two aren't .

Read whatever you like.  Lampard is a PR pro at the least, and he isn't going going to give any secrets away in a press conference. 

JaneB   

I delayed going out to watch what I thought was going to be Frank's full press conference on Sky Sports.  As it is, I've just seen a few minutes so far, from which I've gleaned that Frank had told Luiz he wasn't nailed on first choice, the latter didn't like it and has consequently moved on.  I thought Frank explained it very professionally and diplomatically but felt there was an 'edge' there.

Feel better now I THINK I know what's happened.  As I keep being told, we must 'move on' and I'd momentarily forgotten how good it feels to have Frank back as manager :-)

Edited by JaneB

4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I delayed going out to watch what I thought was going to be Frank's full press conference on Sky Sports.  As it is, I've just seen a few minutes so far, from which I've gleaned that Frank had told Luiz he wasn't nailed on first choice, the latter didn't like it and has consequently moved on.  I thought Frank explained it very professionally and diplomatically but felt there was an 'edge' there.

Feel better now I THINK I know what's happened.  As I keep being told, we must 'move on' and I'd momentarily forgotten how good it feels to have Frank back as manager :-)

One can interpret any wording in many ways.  I think it is not helpful to take statements that are intended not to reveal anything of interest as being useful.

But besides that, it does sound pretty amicable now a good reason has been given for him not training.   
Like a few others I find it hard to believe that Frank thinks Luiz is not our best option to partner Rudiger.  On the other hand this is clearly a re-building year (ignoring the pat statements by Frank about winning everything).  So there are reasons why Christensen or Zouma might get played ahead of a 32 year old.  And the club would have to think twice about rejecting an offer for a 32 year old when it is in the business of a re-build or 2021.

paulw66   
4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Recuperating from bum surgery ! Perhaps that's why I'm particularly grumpy today .

Farmer giles, or ceullulite? 

JaneB   
29 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

One can interpret any wording in many ways.  I think it is not helpful to take statements that are intended not to reveal anything of interest as being useful.

But besides that, it does sound pretty amicable now a good reason has been given for him not training.   
Like a few others I find it hard to believe that Frank thinks Luiz is not our best option to partner Rudiger.  On the other hand this is clearly a re-building year (ignoring the pat statements by Frank about winning everything).  So there are reasons why Christensen or Zouma might get played ahead of a 32 year old.  And the club would have to think twice about rejecting an offer for a 32 year old when it is in the business of a re-build or 2021.

Thanks Droy.

I know a lot of people have a problem with you on here but whenever you reply to me, it's constructive and polite and I appreciate that 😀

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Farmer giles, or ceullulite? 

My nan died of bowel cancer , I'm of the age so my local nhs called me in for screening and I had three polyps removed a month ago and five more yesterday , and the sedation didn't kick in until two hours later . It was horrendous tbh , apparently it effects people differently , some can take the pain others can't . I honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack .

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

My nan died of bowel cancer , I'm of the age so my local nhs called me in for screening and I had three polyps removed a month ago and five more yesterday , and the sedation didn't kick in until two hours later . It was horrendous tbh , apparently it effects people differently , some can take the pain others can't . I honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack .

Well, speedy recovery. Puts Luiz going to Arsenal in sombre perspective. 

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Well, speedy recovery. Puts Luiz going to Arsenal in sombre perspective. 

Thanks mate.I'm sure it's why I'm so snarky today !

27 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Thanks mate.I'm sure it's why I'm so snarky today !

Well if you're being a bit of a pain in the backside, a problem shared is a problem halved!

My old man has the same procedures and is usually very complimentary about the effects of the drugs.