• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: David Luiz Departs For Arsenal

Ham   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not what SFL thinks at all.
Plenty of people were saying that yesterday, and it may well be right.  But no one should pretend that Franks statement today supports that idea (or is against it).

Priceless. 

6 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Reading that I’m pretty sure I was right all along regarding what happened. Lamps has said Luiz isn’t an automatic starter, perhaps even stating some of his recent displays aren’t good enough. Luiz, being 32, wants to play and moved on.

Maybe that’s the story they want to sell, but it is certainly the story I gather from his words. 

All you have done is to ignore what Frank actually says and stick with your original view.  which is fine, and no one should expect a manager to add anything useful to explain events - that isn't his job.

If you approach this logically or scientifically, the way to do it is start with a thesis (you have one), then ask "1.  what would SFL say if this were true" and "2. what would SFL say if it were not true"
The answer would be the same, he'd say something like "honest conversation....".

It is fine to have a view on what happened, but lets not start pretending that anything SFL has just said gives us any hint one way or another.

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Priceless. 

Perhaps I should have said "said" instead of thinks.

But once again you sling in an insult without taking any particular viewpoint on the matter.  It's like throwing rocks at a boxer but not daring to get into the ring.

56 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

The hardest part for me was the three days of no food after the procedure and waiting for the biopsy results - uncomfortable from the excision, nervous and tetchy from lack of food does not help one's mood at all!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Mark!

34 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Late to the party, but you're good craic and a top bloke even when we disagree. Us Kelly's got to stick together. 

43 minutes ago, East Lower said:

Have empathy with you on this, I'm also of the age where the NHS take a more active interest in men's bowels. Had the screening and it's uncomfortable enough without having to have any polyps removed. 

Looking on the positive side, I lost 5lbs whilst doing the prep for the screening (you'll know what I mean! 😷).

And this is why there's no place I'd rather be when I cheer on the best team in the World !

You guys are the best !

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not what SFL thinks at all.
Plenty of people were saying that yesterday, and it may well be right.  But no one should pretend that Franks statement today supports that idea (or is against it).

None of us know factually, however what supporting statements there are suggests a disagreement between the pair of them. The manager clearly doesn’t want him around the team, as again it’s clear at that stage DL is going to tow the party line and separates DL away from those that are staying. 

See, we’ve gone down the Brian Clough style of debate here, had a discussion about it and decided I was right all long! 👍🏼😉

11 minutes ago, East Lower said:

1.  None of us know factually, however what supporting statements there are suggests a disagreement between the pair of them.

2.  The manager clearly doesn’t want him around the team, as again it’s clear at that stage DL is going to tow the party line and separates DL away from those that are staying. 

3.  See, we’ve gone down the Brian Clough style of debate here, had a discussion about it and decided I was right all long! 👍🏼😉

1.  Very true.

2.  Total supposition and Clearly only in the sense of as clear as mud.  You make that point yourself in 1.

3.  Which is fine - I have no problem with your interpretation, though it differs to mine.
My point was simply that anything SFL said today does not add or subtract from it.

Ham   
31 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Perhaps I should have said "said" instead of thinks.

But once again you sling in an insult without taking any particular viewpoint on the matter.  It's like throwing rocks at a boxer but not daring to get into the ring.

Do you know what? I will post in whatever style I like, whenever I want and if I choose to spend 10 seconds to add one solitary word or a gif, so be it. 

We don't all have 23 hours a day to pick arguments with everybody.

Point of order though..... Was that an insult? I think you're adopting victim stance to deflect where you've been pulled up for BS.  Professing to know what SFL was thinking is BS.

Finally I adopt a position on virtually all subjects and it's not for the first time completely disingenuous of you to use that every time you get pulled up as a form of misdirection.

Now is usually the point in a discussion where you refer to yourself in the third person and cry "ad hominem".  Fine by me.

Posting on here isn't just about the subject of the post, it's also sometimes about the person posting and you are constantly insulting to others on here and dismissive of their points of view if it's not the same as yours.

So, in summary, sometimes I'll post about DWMH because sometimes he's a bit of a Muppet.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, East Lower said:

My interpretation of the above is DL wanted to be a guaranteed starter, the manager says he can't and/or doesn't give those sorts of assurances. DL jumps up and down, spits his dummy out and the manager says thanks for your service, pull the door too on your way out.

He was a senior member of the squad who the owner brought twice and with the clubs current situation, he must have done something for the owner to allow him to leave.

remember SFL is only the head coach.

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Do you know what? I will post in whatever style I like, whenever I want and if I choose to spend 10 seconds to add one solitary word or a gif, so be it. .............

So, in summary, sometimes I'll post about DWMH because sometimes he's a bit of a Muppet.  

haha - instead of a 1 word insult a long rant.  Not much better.
Screaming at the boxer in the ring.

Ham   
10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

haha - instead of a 1 word insult a long rant.  Not much better.
Screaming at the boxer in the ring.

FB_IMG_1480375047672.jpg

48 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

He was a senior member of the squad who the owner brought twice and with the clubs current situation, he must have done something for the owner to allow him to leave.

remember SFL is only the head coach.

I’ve no doubt that FL will have consulted the club as to possible outcomes of conversations with certain players. 

Any senior manager in any large business should make sure he knows the limits of their authority in relation to decisions they may need to make prior to meetings of the nature that FL had with DL. 

Another factor to consider is the potential that our owner may trust this head coach a tad more than previous incumbents? 

I agree, DL may well have done something that the owner allowed him to leave. The club broke their policy and gave him a two year contract at the age of 32. He then seemingly, almost as soon as the new coach gets here causes issues. I’d be mightily cheesed off with him. Senior player and all that. 

DL is far from a good enough player to make any demands regarding role or playing time  

Edited by East Lower