• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Ross Barkley Departs And Signs For Aston Villa On Loan

Rob B   
6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Let's hope not. I'd have figured Tuchel to be smarter than that!

He has always flattered to deceive on occasions, but always reverted to being basically useless. My guess is that the same will happen again. Should never have bought him (as I may have said when we did buy him, and a few time over the years ;).

Never understood the hate for Barkley on here.  We paid £15m for him which is a steal given that he’s a solid premier league player who last month turned 27.  

He’s also got as many goals as Pulisic, Havertz and Ziyech combined this season having just spent 2 months out injured.  Not saying we should build our team around him but I would have kept him in the squad this season.  He offers an attacking threat we simply do not get from most of our other central midfielders.

I suspect Villa will offer a number starting with a 3 for him in the summer and given the other players we have, we will probably accept. 

10 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I suspect Villa will offer a number starting with a 3 for him in the summer and given the other players we have, we will probably accept.

His value will be linked to him making the euro squad this summer, "hopefully he makes the squad"

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Never understood the hate for Barkley on here.  

I don't hate Barkley, and I've never said that I did. I don't rate him. At all. That's my opinion.

The jury's still out for me, which admittedly it shouldn't be after all this time, but I still can't help feeling there's a player in there if someone can get him to think about the game more intelligently. 

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

I'm afraid you might be right there.  But I suspect there will only be 6 more digits.
The club is looking for a different level of player to Barkley.

GURJ SS   
10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Let's hope not. I'd have figured Tuchel to be smarter than that!

He has always flattered to deceive on occasions, but always reverted to being basically useless. My guess is that the same will happen again. Should never have bought him (as I may have said when we did buy him, and a few time over the years ;).

I was vocal about us picking him up when we got him too, I knew he was never going to make it as a starting player. However as far as backup/squad players go, I think he's winning himself that role over and it may be something he builds on; I think his experience as a PL player and his physicality can help carve the likes of Havertz and support then at the same time when games are of a more physical nature.

44 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

I was vocal about us picking him up when we got him too, I knew he was never going to make it as a starting player. However as far as backup/squad players go, I think he's winning himself that role over and it may be something he builds on; I think his experience as a PL player and his physicality can help carve the likes of Havertz and support then at the same time when games are of a more physical nature.

Far enough.

But this week we have just gone from a 6 and a double 8 for Lampard, to a double 6 and no one at 8 with Tuchel.

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Far enough.

But this week we have just gone from a 6 and a double 8 for Lampard, to a double 6 and no one at 8 with Tuchel.

I think in his best spell for Everton he played a bit further forward, so those two spots behind the striker could suit him. Kind of similar to how Villa deploy him with Grealish. I do think the players in our current squad have better all round packages though, and who knows if we will stick with this formation.

On 1/31/2021 at 0:10 PM, Droy was my hero said:

I'm afraid you might be right there.  But I suspect there will only be 6 more digits.
The club is looking for a different level of player to Barkley.

You think we will sell Barkley for £3 000 000? 

Not a chance. 

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

You think we will sell Barkley for £3 000 000? 

Not a chance. 

I'm more optimistic that we can shift his wages than a lot of our other loanees,  might get a small fee.  

• Haha 1