• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Ross Barkley Departs And Signs For Aston Villa On Loan

paulw66    523
18 hours ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

His first 5 or 6 games he was genuinely brilliant. He then got injured and since he's come back has been terrible. His ups are really not worth the downs.

That's just it..........every now and then he fools you with a brilliant performance. Then he returns to normal for a couple of months. 

• Like 1

Bison    79

LOL, of course they don't. Won't stop some Chelsea fans from believing he can do a job here though.

King Kante    111
2 hours ago, Bison said:

LOL, of course they don't. Won't stop some Chelsea fans from believing he can do a job here though.

Whenever I see Barkley, I cannot help but sing the Flash Gordon song but replace Flash with Dross. 

Whether we like it or not, we're stuck with Barkley for another few seasons, because Marina originally signed him to a 5 1/2 year deal back in Jan 2018. Can't imagine why, but there it is.  

chara    307
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Whether we like it or not, we're stuck with Barkley for another few seasons, because Marina originally signed him to a 5 1/2 year deal back in Jan 2018. Can't imagine why, but there it is.  

TT has given everyone a chance.....perhaps...just perhaps...he can get a tune out of Ross?.......many a less than stellar player has blossomed under the right coach.

As you say MT we're stuck with him........

chelboy    151

Moyes will come for his boy in the summer. Barkley has no other options at this stage. 

Jasonb    34

Not so sure about Moyes he is building a faster aggressive West Ham, he will know Barkley won't fit neatly into that.

Sure we could let him keep the bench warm until the odd 70th minute appearence and he is always good for scoring against the minnows in the cups.

Diddymen    17
On 23/04/2021 at 11:14 PM, Michael Tucker said:

To be fair to Marina, I think we “only” signed him for £15-20 million (I think)

King Kante    111
1 hour ago, Diddymen said:

To be fair to Marina, I think we “only” signed him for £15-20 million (I think)

The fee wasn't the issue. It was the £100k a week contract. That made it a £40m+ deal. 

As Droy is always keen to point out, rightly, there really isn't such a thing as a free/cheap deal as whatever you don't pay in fees you largely have to make up in wages. 

RobertoftheGiz    107
6 hours ago, King Kante said:

As Droy is always keen to point out, rightly, there really isn't such a thing as a free/cheap deal as whatever you don't pay in fees you largely have to make up in wages. 

Not true - Loan fees and club playing the players wages covers the costs. If this was not the case the club would not be send +30 players per season out on loan.

Loaning of players and the fees associated are part of the clubs base business