• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

Like a lot of the squad, Lamps has shown his hand with respect to the Kepa situation.

Kepa is just another it seems of a long list of them I suspect he wants rid of. Really old school type management and it relies heavily on a board that trusts in him.

You would have to say that Kepa, Alonso, Emerson, Tomori, Zouma, Barkley and Giroud all look like they have lost the confidence of Lamps at the moment.

Ham   
4 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Like a lot of the squad, Lamps has shown his hand with respect to the Kepa situation.

Kepa is just another it seems of a long list of them I suspect he wants rid of. Really old school type management and it relies heavily on a board that trusts in him.

You would have to say that Kepa, Alonso, Emerson, Tomori, Zouma, Barkley and Giroud all look like they have lost the confidence of Lamps at the moment.

Tomori is a head scratcher. Not sure what he's done wrong. 

paulw66   
19 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well what are you moaning about then ?

"so explain to me how last year he had 14 clean sheets in the PL?"  appears to be a contrary view to me saying he's a crap keeper , or have I got that wrong too ? 

I am not the one moaning at anything.

The issue we have, IMO, is not the GK. We, as a team, conceded far too many free / easy (whatever you want to call it) shots at goal. Whoever plays in goal for us right now will have a low save:shot percentage becasue of that. 

Take the Maguire header.......what goalie saves that? Or the Chilwell goal at Leicester? Our defence this year has turned into a shambles, and unlike our attacking woes, that can't blamed on Hazard's departure. 

• Like 1

paulw66   
29 minutes ago, Ham said:

Agree to an extent, but he has made quite a few errors, and somehow seemed to get away with them. At least he does have electric pace to recover. 

17 minutes ago, Ham said:

He certainly had a very poor game against Southampton, along with a few others as well. Maybe he did some stuff that FL had specifically instructed not to and he's being taught a bit of a lesson perhaps?

39 minutes ago, East Lower said:

He certainly had a very poor game against Southampton, along with a few others as well. Maybe he did some stuff that FL had specifically instructed not to and he's being taught a bit of a lesson perhaps?

Tomori has been over playing too much. He has got away with a lot of stuff so I think people have forgotten about it. I am not attacking the player as I like, he is only 21 and has some very strong attributes. However, the risks he has been taking have been obvious and I think SFL has decided on AC as whilst he is not prefect, he does not really make silly mistakes and is generally always in position. 

35 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I am not the one moaning at anything.

The issue we have, IMO, is not the GK. We, as a team, conceded far too many free / easy (whatever you want to call it) shots at goal. Whoever plays in goal for us right now will have a low save:shot percentage becasue of that. 

Take the Maguire header.......what goalie saves that? Or the Chilwell goal at Leicester? Our defence this year has turned into a shambles, and unlike our attacking woes, that can't blamed on Hazard's departure. 

Paul

Let me tell you something in confidence .

It doesn't matter whether nobody would save Maguires header .

Kepa is a poor keeper .

in every conceivable discipline that a goalkeeper should have in his armoury he is lacking 

Too short , too frail , weak .

Good shot stopper ? Has let in more long range goals than any other Premier League keeper , lets in one in two from normal play .

Commands his area ? Hangs back , actually behind the goal line on occasion , when his is prodded into coming off his line looks like a fish out of water .

Good distribution ? Nope , adequate at best , looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights when the ball is passed back to him.

Statistically he's dreadful , and one would imagine , if you are going to measure any footballer via statistical analysis the keeper is the position that lends itself to it most 

if someone takes 100 shots and 50 go in then you're not very good. 

• Like 1

paulw66   
19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Paul

Let me tell you something in confidence .

It doesn't matter whether nobody would save Maguires header .

Kepa is a poor keeper .

in every conceivable discipline that a goalkeeper should have in his armoury he is lacking 

Too short , too frail , weak .

Good shot stopper ? Has let in more long range goals than any other Premier League keeper , lets in one in two from normal play .

Commands his area ? Hangs back , actually behind the goal line on occasion , when his is prodded into coming off his line looks like a fish out of water .

Good distribution ? Nope , adequate at best , looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights when the ball is passed back to him.

Statistically he's dreadful , and one would imagine , if you are going to measure any footballer via statistical analysis the keeper is the position that lends itself to it most 

if someone takes 100 shots and 50 go in then you're not very good. 

At risk of going round in circles, it wasn't an issue last year.......what has changed? 

We are 3 goals shy of matching last year's total conceded and we are in mid Feb. 

We have switched GKs, and we are conceding goals still, two on Monday against a team who hadn't scored an away goal in 2020.

Anyway, this is pointless. I am not saying Kepa has had a good season, but there is more to it. 

31 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Tomori has been over playing too much. He has got away with a lot of stuff so I think people have forgotten about it.

Yup got away with a lot.

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Anyway, this is pointless. I am not saying Kepa has had a good season, but there is more to it. 

You are quite right - we just lack presence all over our own box.  It has got to the stage that opponents play the pre-game tactics videos and every single opponent is busting a gut to get into in front of our goal because they know there are easy chances to get there.  Meanwhile our players (Tammy and Giroud aside) are all dropping off for the cut-back because they are intimidated by the big oppo CBs and don't want to run the extra 10 yards.