• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

Recommended Posts

Definitely not writing Pulisic off yet, far too early and I think he's shown signs that he can be a success here. That said, I do think we overpaid to get him, but there we are.

I personally think Frank is doing the right thing at the moment, I actually suggested dropping him to the bench for a run of games so that we could give him time to be in and around the club, learn how Frank wants us to play (lets not forget he didn't have much of a break over pre-season as he had an international tournament, so wouldn't have been as fresh as he would have liked) and to also get a closer look at how teams in this league play and for me if he can do all that whilst out of the limelight where mistakes will be jumped on constantly, then that's a good thing.

Up to now, he's played in one of the better teams in a pretty uncompetitive league and the same for his international side, where the majority of games will be against fairly poor opposition, where he's clearly the best player on the pitch, so it's quite a change and adjustment he has to make being at this club and in this league... it'll take time.

I think in the coming games we'll see him starting to come off the bench for the final 20mins (or so) of games, with very clear and strict instructions of where and how to play and over time he'll be more and more incorporated into the team.

That's what I'd do anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Definitely not writing Pulisic off yet, far too early and I think he's shown signs that he can be a success here. That said, I do think we overpaid to get him, but there we are.

I personally think Frank is doing the right thing at the moment, I actually suggested dropping him to the bench for a run of games so that we could give him time to be in and around the club, learn how Frank wants us to play (lets not forget he didn't have much of a break over pre-season as he had an international tournament, so wouldn't have been as fresh as he would have liked) and to also get a closer look at how teams in this league play and for me if he can do all that whilst out of the limelight where mistakes will be jumped on constantly, then that's a good thing.

Up to now, he's played in one of the better teams in a pretty uncompetitive league and the same for his international side, where the majority of games will be against fairly poor opposition, where he's clearly the best player on the pitch, so it's quite a change and adjustment he has to make being at this club and in this league... it'll take time.

I think in the coming games we'll see him starting to come off the bench for the final 20mins (or so) of games, with very clear and strict instructions of where and how to play and over time he'll be more and more incorporated into the team.

That's what I'd do anyway.

Depends on what Frank does with Mount, CHO and Willian. For that outcome to happen Mount will need to play No.8 and then Pulisic will have to take his chances as I suspect SFL will go with CHO/Willian as his favoured AM's. Another problem with his coming from the bench is that in tight games Pedro may been seen as a safer bet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Depends on what Frank does with Mount, CHO and Willian. For that outcome to happen Mount will need to play No.8 and then Pulisic will have to take his chances as I suspect SFL will go with CHO/Willian as his favoured AM's. Another problem with his coming from the bench is that in tight games Pedro may been seen as a safer bet. 

Of course, the situation needs to be right for Pulisic to come on over Pedro (although on current form, I wouldn't bring Pedro on regardless), but what I'm saying is that I expect Pulisic to be slowly introduced in to this team, something we couldn't do at the start of the season with all the others injured.

I think Mount will move back into a midfield 3 over time or he'll move into the no. 10 position and we'll see 4231 more often, but I do agree Willian and CHO will be the first choice for the majority of the season. But don't forget it's unlikely Willian and Pedro will be here next year and Pulisic has age on his side... let's not rush him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leo91   

I mean the guy is younger than Tammy! he's got time to learn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think in the coming games we'll see him starting to come off the bench for the final 20mins (or so) of games, with very clear and strict instructions of where and how to play and over time he'll be more and more incorporated into the team.

 

33 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Depends on what Frank does with Mount, CHO and Willian. For that outcome to happen Mount will need to play No.8 and then Pulisic will have to take his chances as I suspect SFL will go with CHO/Willian as his favoured AM's. Another problem with his coming from the bench is that in tight games Pedro may been seen as a safer bet. 

 MBIB's prescription for Pulisic sounds exactly like what I would do with CHO (and generally the way CHO has been used to date).  It is the classic instructions for a young rapid winger.

4 widemen/AMs, 18, 20, 31, 32.  All of them super subs.  Sooner or later I guess Pulisic needs to get a starting run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

 MBIB's prescription for Pulisic sounds exactly like what I would do with CHO (and generally the way CHO has been used to date).  It is the classic instructions for a young rapid winger.

4 widemen/AMs, 18, 20, 31, 32.  All of them super subs.  Sooner or later I guess Pulisic needs to get a starting run.

Problem with Pulisic is that he is his countries boy wonder. I cannot see him being happy with a rotation role and I am not sure he is at this moment in time up to the physical requirements of the PL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Problem with Pulisic is that he is his countries boy wonder. I cannot see him being happy with a rotation role and I am not sure he is at this moment in time up to the physical requirements of the PL.

Some assumptions being made there obviously, but if he decides he's too 'big' to play from the bench for the season, then I suggest he won't last long under Mr Lampard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/10/2019 at 2:29 PM, My Blood Is Blue said:

Some assumptions being made there obviously, but if he decides he's too 'big' to play from the bench for the season, then I suggest he won't last long under Mr Lampard.

Tbf to the lad he has a lot of weight on his shoulders from US supporters. Just google his name and flick through the Twitter pages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, King Kante said:

Tbf to the lad he has a lot of weight on his shoulders from US supporters. Just google his name and flick through the Twitter pages. 

Don't worry , they're all in the Daily Mail comments section demanding SFL's head and suggesting there's anti American bias in operation .

No mention of Pulisic being blown over by a stiff wind though strangely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Don't worry , they're all in the Daily Mail comments section demanding SFL's head and suggesting there's anti American bias in operation .

No mention of Pulisic being blown over by a stiff wind though strangely.

Won't be long before they connect his treatment of the USA's MVP and the incident in the American hotel after 9/11. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now