• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

bert19   
5 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Tuchel said he wasn't in a recent squad so that he could deal with a family issue, so it is likely there is something going on outside of football.

Yeh. I’m curious if that’s a bit of a longer term thing rather than just missing the one game recently?

Bison   
16 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Tuchel said he wasn't in a recent squad so that he could deal with a family issue, so it is likely there is something going on outside of football.

16 hours ago, bert19 said:

Yeh. I’m curious if that’s a bit of a longer term thing rather than just missing the one game recently?

He missed one game for personal reasons. He did play (badly) in the next game against Barnsley and is now out with injury.

If he's going through something personal then I hope the situation eases.

I honestly thought he was going to be our new Hazard.... Be a shame to see him go if the rumours that he wants out are true ..... :(

33 minutes ago, Liquidator said:

I honestly thought he was going to be our new Hazard.... Be a shame to see him go if the rumours that he wants out are true ..... :(

I doubt there is much up.
First he is in a squad where Werner, Mount, Havertz, Pulisic and CHO are competing mostly for just 2 AM places.  And he'll know very well how good the first 3 are.
Secondly he is only 22, and hasn't had a run in the team much at all.

And thirdly, like CHO, he really is more comfortable in a natural wide winger role than the No10s we have now.  But unlike CHO he hasn't had the easy role of WB yet, where everyone else runs about like mad and you just have to wait for the ball to come to you (but then have to "deliver").
I'd say at 10 he is 4th choice ahead of CHO, but one of Werner or Havertz may transform to 9 and Mount will end up a 6.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I doubt there is much up.

Other than for the obvious, that he isn't as good as most of us thought he would be. Shame, but if it stays that way, he won't be around for long.

13 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Other than for the obvious, that he isn't as good as most of us thought he would be. Shame, but if it stays that way, he won't be around for long.

Oh I think he is that good.  Same as all the other players who have not shone till recently.  Well actually he is one that stood out till recently.  It is a very expensive very well selected squad.
22 this season - a lot of players are still sorting out injuries at that age and aren't able to start 40 games a season (Werner is truly remarkable in his combination of pace and reliability).

When one thinks of all the excuses that have been granted to Barkley and RLC over the years, I'm quite happy to give Pulisic more time.  At least he has put in a dozen good performances already.

24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Oh I think he is that good. 

Ok. And I don't. But they're nothing more than opinions, which is what sustains these forums.

When one thinks of all the excuses that have been granted to Barkley and RLC over the years,

Not by me. Wouldn't feed Barkley (as I may have said a million times before), and I can't see RLC making it, but would like to be wrong. But what does that have to do with Pulisic? Other than being a convenient straw man?

I'm quite happy to give Pulisic more time. 

Well since that decision doesn't belong to either of us, I'm happy to go with what Tuchel wants/does. Me personally - if he wants to go, then say goodbye and make sure we get a decent fee.

Jasonb   
9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Well since that decision doesn't belong to either of us, I'm happy to go with what Tuchel wants/does. Me personally - if he wants to go, then say goodbye and make sure we get a decent fee.

I think because of his US captaincy he wants to be at a club where he plays whenever he is fit.

I think Tuchel sees him as a tactical sub rather than a nailed-on starter.

I also see him leaving and because of his injury susceptibility that might be a good thing for both parties.

14 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think because of his US captaincy he wants to be at a club where he plays whenever he is fit.

I think Tuchel sees him as a tactical sub rather than a nailed-on starter.

I also see him leaving and because of his injury susceptibility that might be a good thing for both parties.

He will not be going anywhere, because nobody is going to cough up 57m for him.

Whoever the coach is in the summer, will have a full pre-season to assess and coach Pulisic.

In my opinion , this issue is one for Pulisic to ponder , Tuchel knows exactly what he can do but Pulisic is playing with the handbrake on at the moment as he appears to be scared of his own hamstrings .

He needs to start trusting himself and until he does Tuchel, who appears to be no mans fool , won't trust him.

Edited by Mark Kelly