• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

31 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

In my opinion , this issue is one for Pulisic to ponder , Tuchel knows exactly what he can do but Pulisic is playing with the handbrake on at the moment as he appears to be scared of his own hamstrings .

He needs to start trusting himself and until he does Tuchel, who appears to be no mans fool , won't trust him.

It does feel that way. Since he pulled his hamstring going full speed in the FA cup final we've not seen him go full speed again. 

There's clearly a great player in there because he's been absolutely brilliant in patches for us. I don't like him playing from the right and I do think there are big question marks whether he and Werner fit in the same team. 

He's had various comebacks and setbacks but not for a little while now. I was watching him closely when he came on against Liverpool and I didn't see him sprint, not on the ball or whilst pressing. His best form came after the sustained Covid break so maybe he just needs to be carefully managed. I definitely don't see him as ever being a 50/60 game player. Just reiterates what a force of nature Hazard was. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

57 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think because of his US captaincy he wants to be at a club where he plays whenever he is fit.

I think Tuchel sees him as a tactical sub rather than a nailed-on starter.

I also see him leaving and because of his injury susceptibility that might be a good thing for both parties.

With the international fortnight coming up this is going to be discussed irrespective of what Pulisic is thinking.

But surely if he has an injury susceptibility (and it might just be being a young player), then a big club where he is not meant to be a guaranteed starter is ideal for him.

The last thing a smaller club wants is a star player that costs a fortune and is never fit. 

34 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

but Pulisic is playing with the handbrake on at the moment as he appears to be scared of his own hamstrings .

Maybe, but only the club medics can know that, and even they won't be sure.

5 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

It does feel that way. Since he pulled his hamstring going full speed in the FA cup final we've not seen him go full speed again. 

There's clearly a great player in there because he's been absolutely brilliant in patches for us. I don't like him playing from the right and I do think there are big question marks whether he and Werner fit in the same team. 

Yes perhaps.
But he is right footed, so naturally he should be cutting in from left or inside left or staying out wide right.  In our system that means 10 (and they swap over all the time) or RWB, and there is a lot of competition there already.

Jasonb   
2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

He will not be going anywhere, because nobody is going to cough up 57m for him.

I agree we will not recoup the fee and the same will goes for Werner, should the latter move on.

chelboy   
19 minutes ago, Bison said:

Another injury.

We should probably sell at this point. It’s not even about whether he is good enough or not. He can barely stay fit for a few weeks without injury problems. Another injury hit season like this next season and his value would drop even further. Cash in. 

14 hours ago, chelboy said:

We should probably sell at this point. It’s not even about whether he is good enough or not. He can barely stay fit for a few weeks without injury problems. Another injury hit season like this next season and his value would drop even further. Cash in. 

Cash in? What team will pay any sort of money that's worth considering for us? It's a covid-19 market, we don't even know if there is a market in the summer. 

He's made of glass, it is a little bit unsettling that these things can't be picked up on during the medical. But it is what it is and we just have to accept that he will stay here for the time being. With any luck we manage to do what B Munchen and Real managed to do with Robben. If not, he'll be just another big money transfer that flops here. There have been quite a few since Roman took over, so there's nothing new with that. 

Bison   
8 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Cash in? What team will pay any sort of money that's worth considering for us? It's a covid-19 market, we don't even know if there is a market in the summer. 

He's made of glass, it is a little bit unsettling that these things can't be picked up on during the medical. But it is what it is and we just have to accept that he will stay here for the time being. With any luck we manage to do what B Munchen and Real managed to do with Robben. If not, he'll be just another big money transfer that flops here. There have been quite a few since Roman took over, so there's nothing new with that. 

He was the same injury prone mess at Dortmund but that didn't seem to matter for some reason. You are right in saying that he's just another flop to add to the list.

chelboy   
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

When you look at the forwards in clubs like Madrid and Barca I wouldn’t be surprised if they bid £60M+ in instalments or some sort of package. He would get into both teams right now and even in a covid market, last season clubs still spent money.

I don’t think there’s anyway you can manage him in a physical league like this one. His ability to have short bursts seems to have gone and I wouldn’t be surprised if thats because he’s trying to manage himself. He’s been playing at a slower pace since November or so and he’s still picking up injuries. 

Jasonb   

A good bit of poaching yesterday to get us the first goal.

I too have concerns over whether he is the right fit for the club with his injury profile.