• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

Leo91   

At least he knows his body limitations now and backs off. 

28 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

At least he knows his body limitations now and backs off. 

Unfortunately the limitation seems to be "running".

On 10/11/2019 at 9:09 AM, Bison said:

He has really picked it up after an awful start that convinced me we had another flop on our hands.

Fair play to him, I was wrong.

On 21/02/2021 at 2:31 PM, Bison said:

All of those periods of supposedly good form doesn't amount to any more than 10 or so games.

As for the bold, he is one of the least creative forwards in the league. He doesn't create many good opportunities for himself or those around him.

Make your mind up

Bison   
3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Make your mind up

Those posts are what, 16 months apart? Turns out I wasn't wrong. Pulisic has been a complete and utter bust overall.

He had a few good games. I foolishly thought that was his level and he would kick on but of course he didn't. He is an injury prone mess; he has had more injuries than goals scored in his time at the club.

My mind is very much made up. Time to get rid. 

To me it seems quite obvious that Pulisic is being strictly managed by the club from a fitness point of view, he's rested or subbed off the moment he gets a hint that he may feel a twinge in his muscles, which is then clearly going to get into a players head and you'll be reluctant to produce too many sudden bursts of pace or sudden movements etc. It is SO frustrating because he clearly has so much talent, but if he can't put a run of games together, he'll never hit top form and therefore ends up spending a lot of time on the bench, which then makes the whole thing worse.

I rate him and want him to stay, but only if we can sort out his fitness issues once and for all, otherwise he just becomes a liability.

My own thoughts on him are documented in the match day threads. He needs to be sold whilst he has some value. We’ll take a loss but those are the breaks. 

He’s running like he got his boot laces tied together, never stretching/exerting himself  at 100%. Add his ineffectiveness with the ball and he’s no edge to his game and also stopping CHO having enough game time for all parties to know for sure if he is in the 13 or in the 19 or however many are in the match day squads these days. 

35 minutes ago, East Lower said:

He needs to be sold whilst he has some value.

Said this somewhere before

His value is the commercial side. Being the golden boy of US football, his incomes from a commercial side outweigh punting him, he's going to be around for a long time unless he pushes for a move or a loan which is favourable for the club

21 hours ago, Bison said:

My mind is very much made up. Time to get rid. 

You are going to be disappointed 

He needs to go. He is made of glass and lacks robustness and resilience even when fit. He is not strong enough for this league, is not a particularly intelligent player and has not influenced the outcome of many, if any matches. We must do better than him.

Ham   

A bit early to write him off completely.  He's just a kid.