• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, East Lower said:

CHO still has two years on CP, and I say IF he’s given consistent game time and he gets his head around hard work and talent will see you through, rather than just talent and the odd bit of hard work - I see more benefit giving the game time to him than CP. 

If he EARNS consistent game time, I'm sure it will be given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

 

I fully get that the injuries are a concern, but his ability isn't in question. 

Sums it up for me.

When on form and injury-free he’s a real asset with pace and directness that this side screams out for. But his hamstrings are a joke.

Personally I find it very strange that the club can’t seem to manage this problem better. Yes it’s more difficult with players doing many sprints and who are explosive. But I’d expect more from the club, maybe I’m being unfair and ignorant here but it seems strange that a club of our size and budget can’t manage a pair of hamstrings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If he EARNS consistent game time, I'm sure it will be given.

 

19 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Sums it up for me.

When on form and injury-free he’s a real asset with pace and directness that this side screams out for. But his hamstrings are a joke.

Personally I find it very strange that the club can’t seem to manage this problem better. Yes it’s more difficult with players doing many sprints and who are explosive. But I’d expect more from the club, maybe I’m being unfair and ignorant here but it seems strange that a club of our size and budget can’t manage a pair of hamstrings. 

I think that for very different reasons the same issue may cause both of the players being discussed to not be as good as they could be - namely their mind-sets. 
 

CP may not trust his body now and CHO may believe he’s made it before he’s really started. 
 

To say the club can’t manage his injuries may be unfair. Football is littered with players who’s hamstrings have hamstrung their careers to varying degrees - Michael Owen, Fernando Torres are two prime examples of players who relied on pace and mobility more than skill who’s careers could have been even more spectacular than they were, if they could have maintained hamstring fitness and kept their explosive pace. 

Problem with hamstring injuries, particularly the worst tears is that the chances of re-occurrence is higher in the players that have had bad ones. That probably gets in their minds and the mentally weak will feel every slight pain is the next tear - the latter being my theory. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

So he felt a tweak on Saturday, and came off early.  Training Monday and Tuesday and fit for Wednesday.
What is the problem?

Not sure where you have that info from? If true, as the manager I’d have a massive problem with it!
 

“Sorry chaps, felt a little tweak and won’t be coming out for the second half where we’re down to 10 men and just conceded 2 - HOWEVER....................I’ll give it a little rest now and make sure I’m fit for the CL Quarter Final”. 
 

Get ****** dear boy, would be an appropriate response.
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, East Lower said:

Not really, one has 20 appearances in the league with 9 subs included, the other has 19 appearances with 9 subs included. Pulisic has the higher number. 

Tuchel has only been here for 11 league games, 15 in total,  Hudson-Odoi has started 6, Pulisic has  2.

Overall Hudson-Odoi has started 9 out of 15, Pulisic 4.

10 hours ago, East Lower said:

Pulisic is injury prone here, as he was at Dortmund and isn’t showing any sign of improvement in that area.

Sorry, but that's just not true. He missed 16 games in 4 years because of injury and made 127 appearances for them, by the age of 20. For comparison Tammy Abraham has missed 17 games through injury in the same period.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Tuchel has only been here for 11 league games, 15 in total,  Hudson-Odoi has started 6, Pulisic has  2.

Overall Hudson-Odoi has started 9 out of 15, Pulisic 4.

Sorry, but that's just not true. He missed 16 games in 4 years because of injury and made 127 appearances for them, by the age of 20. For comparison Tammy Abraham has missed 17 games through injury in the same period.

Sorry have to call the comment made into question, see the Dortmund stats below:

  • August 2018: Muscular problem, 17 days out
  • October 2018: Torn muscle fibre, 15 days out
  • February 2019: Torn muscle fibre, 16 days out
  • March 2019: Torn muscle fibre, 20 days out

So, taking that into account in the last 7 and a bit months of his Dortmund career, he’s spent 2 and a bit months out injured. Call it a third. For me that’s far too much and it’s continued here. Those stats above are only for injuries that have meant 14 days or more out injured.

Sorry, you cannot afford to have players who spend a third of the time unavailable for selection. Plus factor in getting them match fit again after return. 
 

All of those injuries were muscular related. 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
12 hours ago, East Lower said:

Not really, one has 20 appearances in the league with 9 subs included, the other has 19 appearances with 9 subs included. Pulisic has the higher number. 
 

 

?

I said under TT.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

?

I said under TT.

 

What difference will a handful of games make? Plus one of the reasons for CHO getting a few more games was CP wasn’t available for selection. 
 

Perseverance paid dividends with Mount as an example and CHO hasn’t been afforded that consistent appearance opportunity. He’s worth giving the chance to, over and above (in my view) CP.

FWIW I’m not convinced by CHO either, it’s that I believe he may have more scope to improve. 
 

The one area CP does seem to be a good deal better is the knack of getting on the end of things/being Johnnie on the spot and nicking a goal. Just not on the pitch enough to be a real telling factor and the days of just being a 8-12 goal a season goal stealer seem long gone. Attacking players seem to have to be far more than that nowadays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, East Lower said:

Perseverance paid dividends with Mount as an example and CHO hasn’t been afforded that consistent appearance opportunity. He’s worth giving the chance to, over and above (in my view) CP.

Mount was older than CHO is today when he got his first appearance for Chelsea.  So that is 49 starts and 50 sub appearances and he is still younger than Mount on his Chelsea debut.

It wasn't perseverance on Chelsea's part that made Mount such a success.  It was sticking him out on loan and not bothering the first team coaches for 2 years.  (And perseverance by Mount).

37 minutes ago, East Lower said:

The one area CP does seem to be a good deal better is the knack of getting on the end of things/being Johnnie on the spot and nicking a goal.

Yes - it seem only he and Hazard have done this consistently for us in years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now