• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

1 hour ago, RDC Williams said:

Ordinarily I'd agree, but hamstrings are the exception and often presage a chronic problem. Ligament and tendon injuries tend to be more acute, but with modern surgical techniques are no longer the immediate career enders they once were.

Not sure what wrong with the lad

A good smearing of deep heat or white horse liniment, before KO and the lad will not feel any aches or pains for the whole match :0)

On 4/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, paulw66 said:

Well no, I am not forgetting last season. It is a clear indicator of what he can deliver. It is relevant to judging what he can offer us. 

Injuries don't make you less talented, but they do impact your ability to apply that talent, and I have repeated numerous times on this thread how I completely understand the concerns over his injury record. I have no concerns over his ability. 

Pulisic "might" come good, but if you were a betting man, you would place your money on him getting a major injury and/or his consistent injuries never giving him a consistent and long momentum to showcase his talent. Even his play style, which is so heavily dependent on dribbling rather than off the ball runs or positional play, makes it even more dangerous for him. Defenders will foul him more, which would mean more injuries or pulisic going into his shell and making lesser attempts to dribble past. 

As of this moment, pulisic is still well thought of, and we need to cash in on it. Another season like the sub-par one he is having this time around, and we won't be able to get even half of our 60m invested in him.

Edited by didierforever

43 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Pulisic "might" come good, but if you were a betting man, you would place your money on him getting a major injury and/or his consistent injuries never giving him a consistent and long momentum to showcase his talent.

This is all getting a bit weird.
He is 22 with 192 appearances for Chelsea and Dortmund and has 36 US caps too.
He has 33 appearances since the season began in October for Chelsea and US.
That includes all the last 11 available games in the past 6 weeks
AND he is in the squad for today.

All young rapid wingers or similar have hamstring problems on occasion - it rarely has a long term effect on their career.

56 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

This is all getting a bit weird.
He is 22 with 192 appearances for Chelsea and Dortmund and has 36 US caps too.
He has 33 appearances since the season began in October for Chelsea and US.
That includes all the last 11 available games in the past 6 weeks
AND he is in the squad for today.

All young rapid wingers or similar have hamstring problems on occasion - it rarely has a long term effect on their career.

Yup. It is WEIRD indeed, when a player who plays 1592 minutes of a season with 30 league games, one leg of a qf, qf of fa cup and league Cup done, is somehow taken as a +ve for him. 

He has barely played this season and yet manages to be injured and miss 14 games of the season. If somehow you still can't see what the issue is, then well.... Lol

15 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Yup. It is WEIRD indeed, when a player who plays 1592 minutes of a season with 30 league games, one leg of a qf, qf of fa cup and league Cup done, is somehow taken as a +ve for him. 

Mount, Ziyech, Werner, CHO, Havertz share 2 places in the team - they rotate a lot.  AMs always do.
He'd is completing with the best player this season (and last IMO), the creative star from Ajax, the guy BM wanted to pay £50m for (apparently, though I reckon they were talking code for Musiala), a guy who got 34 goals last season and the generational talent. 

19 minutes ago, didierforever said:

He has barely played this season and yet manages to be injured and miss 14 games of the season. If somehow you still can't see what the issue is, then well.... Lol

Then I clearly have some judgement, thankyou.

https://www.scoreboard.com/uk/player/pulisic-christian/vTuaEfRq/
This is a useful link, keep clicking "more matches" and you can see all the games he has been available for or been injured for going back to his debut at 16.
some others might look at it.

46 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mount, Ziyech, Werner, CHO, Havertz share 2 places in the team - they rotate a lot.  AMs always do.
He'd is completing with the best player this season (and last IMO), the creative star from Ajax, the guy BM wanted to pay £50m for (apparently, though I reckon they were talking code for Musiala), a guy who got 34 goals last season and the generational talent. 

Then I clearly have some judgement, thankyou.

https://www.scoreboard.com/uk/player/pulisic-christian/vTuaEfRq/
This is a useful link, keep clicking "more matches" and you can see all the games he has been available for or been injured for going back to his debut at 16.
some others might look at it.

Is it there a history of players who start this young (at 16) and just burn out/peak even earlier. Rooney, Barkley off the top of my head. So thank you for making the point even more valid when it comes to an early bloomer-injury prone player.

If pulisic's "talent" is not good enough to displace mount, CHO, a struggling for fitbess after covid and struggling to settle in a new league Kai, a 50m dud (so far) who can barely score an open goal and lastly listless looking ziyech who has struggled massively for form and fitness, then even more reason to cut our losses with a 60m transfer who did have a season over 3 of those players. So again, thank you for proving my point about cutting our losses.

I mean, are we really debating if pulisic (of all people) is injury prone or not. Are you for real?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/christian-pulisic/verletzungen/spieler/315779

Add up the number of games he has already missed due several injuries and this is him at 22!!!! Care to see if anyone in our squad missed as many games at 22? 

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

Is it there a history of players who start this young (at 16) and just burn out/peak even earlier. Rooney, Barkley off the top of my head. So thank you for making the point even more valid when it comes to an early bloomer-injury prone player.

Rooney?  120 games for England 53 goals.   599 club appearances, 237 goals.  Is that the Rooney you mean?
Barkley peaked - I must have blinked.

I mean, are we really debating if pulisic (of all people) is injury prone or not. Are you for real?

I fear one of us isn't.
last game he missed through injury was almost 6 months ago.....

Edited by Droy was my hero

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I fear one of us isn't.
last game he missed through injury was almost 6 months ago.....

Lol, did he?

First of all, he missed 5 games in November, and came back in November end, which makes 4.5 months. 

Secondly, he has played a meagre 1300 minutes in the last 4.5 months. If he somehow still manages to get injured even in that time, then well.. lol again

Add up the number of games he has already missed due several injuries and this is him at 22!!!! Care to see if anyone in our squad missed as many games at 22? 

Rudiger is 21 in the same time, CHO is close, Kante is on 31, and obviously RLC is more. 
I really don't know why you quote stats so much when you clearly don't understand context at all.

2 minutes ago, didierforever said:

First of all, he missed 5 games in November, and came back in November end, which makes 4.5 months. 

Sorry - 4 and a half months, not 5 and a half.

It is a long time to go without an injury in the context of a player who is being accused of being a crock.

Edited by Droy was my hero

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Rudiger is 21 in the same time, CHO is close, Kante is on 31, and obviously RLC is more. 
I really don't know why you quote stats so much when you clearly don't understand context at all.

Sorry - 4 and a half months, not 5 and a half.

It is a long time to go without an injury in the context of a player who is being accused of being a crock.

CHO? The person who got acl? Well that seems totally comparable. Do you ubderstand yhe concept of "injury prone" or just bull **** your way through everything?

Do you even understand what I wrote. Can you name a player that has had that big an injury list when they were 22? Please try and read and understand before blurting out the nonsense.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.in/ngolo-kante/verletzungen/spieler/225083

This is kante's injry list and he has 0 injuries before 2012-13 when he was 22.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/antonio-rudiger/verletzungen/spieler/86202

Similarly, rudiger had missed 14 games before he turned 22, the similar amount of games pulisic has missed just this season.

Understand why he is being called "injury prone"

As for 4.5 months, it's hard tk get injured when you are barely on the pitch. 1300 minutes in 4.5 months which is 15 full games in 4.5 months. Or 3.33 games per month. Well, that's a totally legit argument for someone not being "injury prone".