• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Cardiff City 1 Chelsea 2

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes Rudiger is aiming to protect the kepa from being hacked at by the striker.  The striker is aiming for a collision with Rudiger because he knows that Kepa gets there first.

Not watched Motd or the Sky post match, but other than repeated claims that "Warnock also claimed Red for Rudiger" I haven't seen any press comment that suggests Red would have been deserved.  Not even from Warnock in direct quotes, and it is not as though he was sparing on the ref.  (Immediately after the incident when he was friendly shouting without bench, he was clearly saying "offside offside" not Red Red.)

I think reasonable penalty claims for shoving etc under VAR went 2-2

MotD didn't analyse our pen claims, but the match commentator picked up on them. I thought RLC was clearly pulled down by Gunnarsson as well.

As Mark said above, this match will be used for years to come as proof that we get favours from refs, when the reality is so different. Liverpool and ManU seem to score offside goals every other week, and Aguero got one at Swansea in the last round of the FA cup. Strangely they don't get the media coverage Azpi's goal has received

paulw66   
23 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

MotD didn't analyse our pen claims, but the match commentator picked up on them. I thought RLC was clearly pulled down by Gunnarsson as well.

As Mark said above, this match will be used for years to come as proof that we get favours from refs, when the reality is so different. Liverpool and ManU seem to score offside goals every other week, and Aguero got one at Swansea in the last round of the FA cup. Strangely they don't get the media coverage Azpi's goal has received

You watch us get shafted (even more) over the next few games. 

I imagine Brighton will get a soft penalty when Rudiger goes near one of theirs. 

Blue Rod   
On 01/04/2019 at 8:57 PM, The_Ghost said:

Yes, I think the away fans has taken it too far. It’s personal and it’s nasty, all done to a manager who tries his best with an impossible squad. 

1. Don't be so melodramatic. There is nothing personal or nasty in calling for a manager to go. Even Jose Mourinho was facing calls to go by many of our fans. 

2. I have no doubt that Sarri is giving his best. That is the whole point; that his best is not nearly good enough for Chelsea. If those our away fans thought that  Sarri has something more to offer they would not be calling for him to go. I personally do not think that there's anything more to come from Sarri.

3. I would ask you again to tell me what is impossible about our squad, which players are so poor that we cannot take on Cardiff like a superior team. Tell me for once who these players are, or stop repeating rubbish. 

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

1. Don't be so melodramatic. There is nothing personal or nasty in calling for a manager to go.

The hate for Sarri is 100% personal and nasty. Shameful,

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yep - many fans who were att the game didn’t even try to hide that fact. 

Sciatika   
17 hours ago, paulw66 said:

You watch us get shafted (even more) over the next few games. 

I imagine Brighton will get a soft penalty when Rudiger goes near one of theirs. 

Even more so now that the nation's most important team has lost a game. Pundits will argue that St. Ollie the Wise deserves help for his overall wonderfulness.

What chance Crystal Palace can get a win? It would be very Spursy to lose their opening fixture in their new stadium. The idea of Spurs, taking their shiny new £1bn stadium into the Europa League could only be capped by them not even qualifying for it. Sadly, since Man City won the EFL Cup, EL qualifying is likely to extend down to seventh place, since I doubt Watford, Wolves or Brighton will stop Man City in the FA Cup. Oh well.

And, of course, we still have the chance of mucking up the nation's favourite team™ in their bid for the prem. I expect dodgy decisions in that game as well. Probably, Salah will fall over in the centre circle and be awarded a penalty or something.

Blue Rod   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

What a silly thing to say. Chelsea fans have nothing personal about Sarri. Our away fans are some of the most die hard amongst us. For them it's Chelsea or nothing. To suggest that they have a personal grudge against Sarri is beyond nonsense. I could just puke reading such crap. Their hatred of Sarri is no more personal than your love of Mourinho.