• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Cardiff City 1 Chelsea 2

Upfront, Willian and Pedro flank Gonzalo Higuain.

Cardiff are unchanged from their win at home to West Ham last time out. 

Chelsea (4-3-3): Kepa; Azpilicueta (c), Rudiger, David Luiz, Alonso; Barkley, Jorginho, Kovacic; Pedro, Higuain, Willian.

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Kante, Loftus-Cheek, Hazard, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud. 

Cardiff (4-2-3-1): Etheridge; Peltier, Morrison (c), Manga, Bennett; Gunnarsson, Arter; Murphy, Camarasa, Hoilett; Niasse.

Subs: Murphy, Mendez-Liang, Ralls, Reid, Bacuna, Harris, Zohore.

Today's referee is Craig Pawson. 

Happy with that.  I love the idea of resting Kante occasionally, and am I right, none of the front 3 went away on Internationals.

Having just one out of 6 of our front 3 players in their 20s does have advantages during the internationals - shame the 18 year old was playing Competitive full internationals.  

Blue Rod   

On paper we have enough quality to roll over the hapless Cardiff team. In reality, unless Kovacic or Barkley does a Kante and moonlight as a central DM cover in Jorginnho's territory we could be embarrassed in the middle again by fast counter attacking 

Away on holiday at the moment but could’ve gone out and watched it, glad I didn’t. 

We threw away top four against Everton anyway, it’s Europa or nothing. 

Fun team selection thoughzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Poor team selection again from him Cardiff are a poor team so we still should win hope Emerson is injured because how is alonso starting after the shocking game against Everton 

jangz   

This is clearly on him and his ego.. he is trying to prove something .. just lik3 Conte and Chelsea are the worse off for it..

Just now, Aussie1979 said:

Poor team selection again from him Cardiff are a poor team so we still should win hope Emerson is injured because how is alonso starting after the shocking game against Everton 

It might be a selection of a poor team to play a poor team.  But in terms of rotation at the start of a run of a lot of games, it is a very smart move to pick rested players now.

No way CHO was going to start twice in a few days while Pedro and Willian would not start in over 2 weeks.

8 games in 28 days now, which could well be 12 games in 42 days if we reach EL semis.  No low priority games anymore.

jangz   
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

It might be a selection of a poor team to play a poor team.  But in terms of rotation at the start of a run of a lot of games, it is a very smart move to pick rested players now.

No way CHO was going to start twice in a few days while Pedro and Willian would not start in over 2 weeks.

8 games in 28 days now, which could well be 12 games in 42 days if we reach EL semis.  No low priority games anymore.

Considering the number of mins.. CHO has played this season.. I doubt he needed a rest.. I believe this is Sarri’s ego on him trying to prove a point.. we have played on Sundays back on Wednesday (UCL) and then on Saturday with the same players.. I don’t believe the tired excuse