• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Callum Hudson-Odoi Signs New 5-Year Contract

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

More dreaming - this time about Lampard.  He'd have signed before end of season had he not been injured (and there have been many hints to this in the past).  Most of that delay would have been to do with the insurance package.  No company would have written insurance until tests proved he was ready to play.

You're probably right. Lamaprd being in charge now (with Morris as no2)  though I think would encourage any youngster to commit their future here. 

Ham   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

1.  Make something up that is impossible to disprove and so claim it is true. Strange logic. 

2.  If the board were forcing Sarri's hand, why didn't Sarri start him regularly until he signed the new contract? The transfer window is irrelevant. 

I think this is the third time this conversation has been had with almost all of the same protagonists.

I'm leaving it there because I have work to do and not because I concede an inch in my opinion. 

Point 1 above leaves no room for any discussion on here.  My opinion was that the board might have had a word.  Should we not discuss it without the affidavits I referred to earlier?

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The real question is whether BM ever had a serious interest in him.  Some people think that a casual response to a leading question ("are you interested in young players like CHO?" - "yes we are" - Ham this is why I demand the quotes not just the claims) is proof of a big bid and a big willingness to pay a lot for him.
A more realistic view is that saying anything is evidence of no particular interest, and that all the rumours of bids came from the HO family which was negotiating the next contract.

He was always going to sign, played or not played, Lampard, Sarri or whoever.

I know you are on record as saying you don't follow football outside of the PL, so this is not a dig at you.

Bayern were most definitely interested. The English crop of players who have come through with the National team over the last 3 years have built up quite a following in Germany. I have German colleagues at work and they know a huge amount of information about these groups of players, I am not sure the main reasons behind it, but the recent succesful group of England youth teams does seem to have struck a cord with German football and Germany football fans.

CHO reputation in Germany is probably as strong as Sancho, which I agree is crazy because Sancho has achieved far more.

Bayern definitely wanted him and were more than prepared to pay big money to get him. I remember working in Munich in January and their fans all felt this was a done deal, they were way too over confident they had him.

Their DOF Sahlimhadzic (or something similar!) came out and confirmed their interest. Sarri was quoted having a dig back at the time about it being disrespectful and how they should not be talking about other clubs players.

You only have to look at the amount of young English produced academy talent that has headed to Germany in either permanent or loan transfers over the last 12-18 months. Its not surprise that the biggest Germany club would be all over a player like CHO, who has a big reputation and following in Germany.

1 minute ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

CHO reputation in Germany is probably as strong as Sancho, which I agree is crazy because Sancho has achieved far more.

Bayern definitely wanted him and were more than prepared to pay big money to get him. I remember working in Munich in January and their fans all felt this was a done deal, they were way too over confident they had him.

Their DOF Sahlimhadzic (or something similar!) came out and confirmed their interest. Sarri was quoted having a dig back at the time about it being disrespectful and how they should not be talking about other clubs players.

You only have to look at the amount of young English produced academy talent that has headed to Germany in either permanent or loan transfers over the last 12-18 months. Its not surprise that the biggest Germany club would be all over a player like CHO, who has a big reputation and following in Germany.

(Ham this is for you).  Go and find the exact quotes from BM - I think it was a Technical director not finance.  All he does is to confirm a leading question that BM are interested in the best players and then confirm a leading question that CHO is one of them.  That + leaks from the CHO family is the whole evidence.

Yes I have no doubt the German press sold the story as hard as the British press.  Still built on nothing though.  The media don't sell truth or objective analysis.  They sell stories.  And CHO to BM, shafting Chelsea in the meantime is a fabulous story.   Kind of like Russiagate - fabulous story.  Shame to ask for details.

paulw66   
45 minutes ago, Ham said:

I think this is the third time this conversation has been had with almost all of the same protagonists.

I'm leaving it there because I have work to do and not because I concede an inch in my opinion. 

Point 1 above leaves no room for any discussion on here.  My opinion was that the board might have had a word.  Should we not discuss it without the affidavits I referred to earlier?

Your theory might have some legs had CHO been picked a few times, then he signed a new contract, then he stopped being picked. That would indicate a manager picking a player to achieve the common objective of getting him to commit, without actually wanting to select him.

Moreover, the theory would have more legs if CHO had been consistently picked up and until the point he signed a new contract. Instead in February, March, he didn't play much. 

Lastly, if you were CHO and you (or your agent) suspected you were only getting picked in order to dupe you into signing that deal, would that make you more or less inclined to do so? 

Being picked during the transfer window is a complete red herring, as the control over the incoming bids was always in Chelsea's hands. As it so proved. 

42 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

(Ham this is for you).  Go and find the exact quotes from BM - I think it was a Technical director not finance.  All he does is to confirm a leading question that BM are interested in the best players and then confirm a leading question that CHO is one of them.  That + leaks from the CHO family is the whole evidence.

Yes I have no doubt the German press sold the story as hard as the British press.  Still built on nothing though.  The media don't sell truth or objective analysis.  They sell stories.  And CHO to BM, shafting Chelsea in the meantime is a fabulous story.   Kind of like Russiagate - fabulous story.  Shame to ask for details.

I know you asked Ham but..........https://en.onefootball.com/this-is-how-close-callum-hudson-odoi-came-to-joining-bayern-munich/

No need for any deflection off anywhere else. You wanted a quote and here you have a quote from their DOF about the transfer.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

paulw66   
20 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I know you asked Ham but..........https://en.onefootball.com/this-is-how-close-callum-hudson-odoi-came-to-joining-bayern-munich/

No need for any deflection off anywhere else. You wanted a quote and here you have a quote from their DOF about the transfer.

“There were reasons why we pursued the transfer this way,” Salihamidžić told The Athletic.

“But I’m self-critical enough to admit that we could have handled it better.”

That's it........... 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

“There were reasons why we pursued the transfer this way,” Salihamidžić told The Athletic.

“But I’m self-critical enough to admit that we could have handled it better.”

That's it........... 

Hold on a minute. Droy was questioning if Bayern were really interested at all........here is a quote from their DOF talking about the player and using the term transfer.

I think that is more than enough to suggest Bayern were really interested.