• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Callum Hudson-Odoi Signs New 5-Year Contract

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Hold on a minute. Droy was questioning if Bayern were really interested at all........here is a quote from their DOF talking about the player and using the term transfer.

I think that is more than enough to suggest Bayern were really interested. 

Agreed, there was an interest. At one stage there were talks of £50m bids.....which I think was far fetched. 

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Agreed, there was an interest. At one stage there were talks of £50m bids.....which I think was far fetched. 

Also, I believe CHO agent is his brother , who has recently convinced one of his clients not to sign scholarship forms at Chelsea and join Bayern.

So again, no smoke without fire and another pointer that CHO team were in discussions with Bayern .

Jamal Musiala is the young lad I believe.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Also, I believe CHO agent is his brother , who has recently convinced one of his clients not to sign scholarship forms at Chelsea and join Bayern.

So again, no smoke without fire and another pointer that CHO team were in discussions with Bayern .

Jamal Musiala is the young lad I believe.

I certainly believe that the brother tried his hardest to get Callum to Bayern and that the rumours were mostly coming from him. Callum himself has on more than one occasion indicated subtly on his Twitter (or Instagram?) that he was staying or that rumours were not be be believed. 

At no point in time did Callum ever go public with his supposed interest to leave. As for the transfer request, are we even sure it ever happened? Not saying it didn’t, but I’m not sure I’ve seen any statement that would indicate it really did happen... 

As for Jamal Musiala and the other kid they signed from us (Bright Arrey-Mbi) grounds for a transfer ban for Bayern then? 

6 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I know you asked Ham but..........https://en.onefootball.com/this-is-how-close-callum-hudson-odoi-came-to-joining-bayern-munich/

No need for any deflection off anywhere else. You wanted a quote and here you have a quote from their DOF about the transfer.

6 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Hold on a minute. Droy was questioning if Bayern were really interested at all........here is a quote from their DOF talking about the player and using the term transfer.

I think that is more than enough to suggest Bayern were really interested. 

Thanks for this.

So he admits there were discussions not that they were ever willing to pay big money.  Discussion could and probably were be started by an agent, not necessarily BM.  What else is he going to say?  No we were never interested when his agent called?  

The report suggest that the 4th and highest bid was Eur 25mn,  I think we can all agree that that was not a serious bid then.

Strangely this is not the quotes I expected you to look for - the one where the the same guy says BM want to buy CHO.  The ones usually taken completely out of context.

For me this proves my point - and the wording is crucial.  There was no serious offer for CHO, and never any likelihood of him going.  That is what happens when you look at actual quotes not 3rd hand versions of them.

By the way even this is not a direct quote.  It comes 2nd hand from the Athletic - a sports online paper that will only give you a free trial is you put your credit card details in.  It is a couple of sentences out of what must be a long interview.  I'd be interested if you or someone get hold of the original Athletic piece.  Even more curious as to how a virtually unknown news source is getting exclusives from Salihamidžić.  

Ham   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Thanks for this.

So he admits there were discussions not that they were ever willing to pay big money.  Discussion could and probably were be started by an agent, not necessarily BM.  What else is he going to say?  No we were never interested when his agent called?  

The report suggest that the 4th and highest bid was Eur 25mn,  I think we can all agree that that was not a serious bid then.

Strangely this is not the quotes I expected you to look for - the one where the the same guy says BM want to buy CHO.  The ones usually taken completely out of context.

For me this proves my point - and the wording is crucial.  There was no serious offer for CHO, and never any likelihood of him going.  That is what happens when you look at actual quotes not 3rd hand versions of them.

By the way even this is not a direct quote.  It comes 2nd hand from the Athletic - a sports online paper that will only give you a free trial is you put your credit card details in.  It is a couple of sentences out of what must be a long interview.  I'd be interested if you or someone get hold of the original Athletic piece.  Even more curious as to how a virtually unknown news source is getting exclusives from Salihamidžić.  

Proves my point from earlier about your fingers in the ear - la la la style of discussion 😅

@LeBoeufsGolfBall Give up for your own sanity.

11 hours ago, Ham said:

Proves my point from earlier about your fingers in the ear - la la la style of discussion 😅

So an indication of interest in CHO but no sign of wanting to spend a lot of money as given by an unknown blog that links to a tweet issued by an unheard of site with a paywall where you can't see the original interview without credit card details is firm evidence and out ranks any commonsense.

That does seem to be the basis of your lala land discussions.  "Can't prove it isn't true so it must be true" 

Edited by Droy was my hero

Ham   
32 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So an indication of interest in CHO but no sign of wanting to spend a lot of money as given by an unknown blog that links to a tweet issued by an unheard of site with a paywall where you can't see the original interview without credit card details is firm evidence and out ranks any commonsense.

That does seem to be the basis of your lala land discussions.  "Can't prove it isn't true so it must be true" 

Nice try.  That's all I'll say.

You must be a joy to live with. 

"I think you'll find it was your turn to bring the bins in today because ...lalala... Russia..........lalala...... Brexit...... lalala...... Avram Grant.........."

"Ok Droy, I'll bring them in even though I definitely did it last week"

Edited by Ham

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

Nice try.  That's all I'll say.

You must be a joy to live with. 

"I think you'll find it was your turn to bring the bins in today because ...lalala... Russia..........lalala...... Brexit...... lalala...... Avram Grant.........."

"Ok Droy, I'll bring them in even though I definitely did it last week"

Great - say it on your own authority.  The issue though is saying it on the authority of an unknown blog linking to a click bait tweet of an article we can't access over a statement which is vague at best.

I'd believe you.

There were direct quotes from Rummenigge, there's even a video of him saying it and google translates the quotes as 

The only thing Hasan would have liked to have done would have been this Chelsea player because he almost fell in love with that player in terms of quality. I would not deny that offensive advertising has not been well received in London. But it should also be remembered that Hasan Salihamidzic had to give the player a sign somewhere. He did not have any contact directly with him personally, because that is not allowed, but the player also had to get a signal whether Bayern Munich is completely behind him. Everything else was really just rumours. We did not necessarily need these positions in the return round. This is a topic for the future that we will address in the coming months and decide accordingly.

Sourceof video and quotes in original German - https://www.sport1.de/fussball/bundesliga/2019/01/fc-bayern-karl-heinz-rummenigge-will-rechtzeitig-fuer-einen-nachfolger-platz-machen

Can't see what the Bayern Chief Executive would have to gain from directly talking about one of our players and how they pee'd us off, if in reality they hadn't seriously wanted to sign him. We will never know the figures but 25m for a player with 18 months on their contract and having made 0 starts is pretty serous imo, and iirc quite a few others on here, it was just that we valued him more.

Edit - Commen sense would suggest no doubt they did have direct contact with CHO or his brother

Edited by Lump Of Celery

To qualify the above post Sport1 are a legitimate outfit - "Sport1 is a German free-to-air television channel centred towards sports programming, including teleshopping and sizzling erotica"

Like a German mash up of Eurosport and Eurotrash