• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Brighton & Hove Albion 0

Recommended Posts

Funny how some see this as a better performance, just because some peoples preferred players were playing when it was absolutely no different. 

Ruben and CHO were both ok, Emerson was good, one moment in particular when a ball went over the top and he was quick enough to put pressure on the Brighton player, forcing a poor finish, who was through on goal. Alonso would have struggled there. Christensen is the one that stood out for me though. I absolutely love Rudiger and Luiz but feel they are very similar in their defensive play where as Christensen is that much calmer and we looked better for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Anyone else just slightly envious of Tottenham's new stadium?

I went to the legends match with a mate that had a spare ticket. It's quite simply a phenomenal stadium, fair play to them.

I've said I don't want to see the bridge change, purely for personal reasons as I have so many memories there, but I was incredibly envious and completely changed my my mind, I would absolutely love to see us build something like they have. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
53 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Funny how some see this as a better performance, just because some peoples preferred players were playing when it was absolutely no different. 

 

That is the crux of it. 

The only difference was the finishing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
44 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I went to the legends match with a mate that had a spare ticket. It's quite simply a phenomenal stadium, fair play to them.

I've said I don't want to see the bridge change, purely for personal reasons as I have so many memories there, but I was incredibly envious and completely changed my my mind, I would absolutely love to see us build something like they have. 

 

Thanks Martin, that's really interesting. 

I know what you mean about the memories but I think we have to progress and up our capacity (in the hope we will fill it!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Thanks Martin, that's really interesting. 

I know what you mean about the memories but I think we have to progress and up our capacity (in the hope we will fill it!)

I'm not so sure about this. Matchday revenue now accounts for such a small percentage of turnover, I don't think the extra 20k seats will make such a big difference other than a d*ck measuring contest.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paulw66 said:

I'm not so sure about this. Matchday revenue now accounts for such a small percentage of turnover, I don't think the extra 20k seats will make such a big difference other than a d*ck measuring contest.  

Something I've been saying for a long while now. There was a time when match day revenue was absolutely key but with the TV money it's now not so important. 

When you look at the cost of a stadium against how much extra revenue it will generate it will take years to even break even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

I'm not so sure about this. Matchday revenue now accounts for such a small percentage of turnover, I don't think the extra 20k seats will make such a big difference other than a d*ck measuring contest.  

20k more paying customers probably means more new d*ck measurers than d*cks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

 

 

Selection of comments on the forum during the first 38 minutes.

Do people really think it was much different? 

I do. Pressing was on a completely different level and we played between their lines a lot more than we usually do. We also kept a lot more width than what we normally do. The pointless horizontal passes were a lot less prominent and we played more direct with fewer touches on far more occasions than we have done the last months. 

I detected a big difference. 

I also read a lot of criticism of Jorginho with the usual bs he only plays backwards and loses the ball all the time. At this stage I don’t think people judge the performance - they just moan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Anyone else just slightly envious of Tottenham's new stadium?

No. It’s still Tottenham. I’d rather play on a pitch of dirt supporting Chelsea. So not envious in the slightest. 

36 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

That is the crux of it. 

The only difference was the finishing. 

Just a minor detail huh? Say what you want of Ruben, but he looks to attack the goal at every opportunity. 2 goals and one assist in his last 90 mins of football. Plus you won’t see him lose the ball all the time either.  

That’s the difference between him and Barkley/Kovacic and at this level you can’t afford to not play your scoring players. I’m simply at loss how people don’t rate him more on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
58 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I'm not so sure about this. Matchday revenue now accounts for such a small percentage of turnover, I don't think the extra 20k seats will make such a big difference other than a d*ck measuring contest.  

I understand, but it would give more Chelsea supporters access to matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.