• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Brighton & Hove Albion 0

Blue Rod   
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

you ran out of players after naming our only 2 top class players 

I asked you to tell me who these useless players are that are making it impossible for Sarri to play Cardiff, you didn't name me one. I now ask you again. Go on...

paulw66   
2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I do. Pressing was on a completely different level and we played between their lines a lot more than we usually do. We also kept a lot more width than what we normally do. The pointless horizontal passes were a lot less prominent and we played more direct with fewer touches on far more occasions than we have done the last months. 

I detected a big difference. 

I also read a lot of criticism of Jorginho with the usual bs he only plays backwards and loses the ball all the time. At this stage I don’t think people judge the performance - they just moan. 

I have to say I find that remarkable. 

Nobody said this sort of stuff when we beat Huddersfield 5-0

First shot on target took 38 minutes against a side with the 4th worse away record in the division.

4 shots on target in the whole game, 2 of which were not clear chances, just individual brilliance. 

The team performance was arguably inferior to the first half at Everton - difference being, we took our chances (and non chances) 

I agree with the Jorginho comments - but the same was true in the Everton game 

paulw66   
Just now, Blue Rod said:

I asked you to tell me who these useless players are that are making it impossible for Sarri to play Cardiff, you didn't name me one. I now ask you again. Go on...

I never said we have useless players, making it impossible to play Cardiff. 

Blue Rod   
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I never said we have useless players, making it impossible to play Cardiff. 

So we don't have an "impossible" "unbalanced" "oudated", etc, squad then. It's just that Sarri was more interested in force-feeding us with Sarriball than in making sensible selection decisions.

I've said all along that the argument that our squad is too weak to play better than we are doing is nonsense. I'm glad you've now joined me.

paulw66   
Just now, Blue Rod said:

So we don't have an "impossible" "unbalanced" "oudated", etc, squad then. It's just that Sarri was more interested in force-feeding us with Sarriball than in making sensible selection decisions.

I've said all along that the argument that our squad is too weak to play better than we are doing is nonsense. I'm glad you've now joined me.

I'm lost now. you're asking me to defend comments I never made. that doesnt mean I agree with you 

Our squad is imbalanced, and particualrly in attack is too old, and too thin (in terms of numbers) in comparison to our top 6 rivals. We should still beat Cardiff. We did. 

Blue Rod   
7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I'm lost now. you're asking me to defend comments I never made. that doesnt mean I agree with you 

Our squad is imbalanced, and particualrly in attack is too old, and too thin (in terms of numbers) in comparison to our top 6 rivals. We should still beat Cardiff. We did. 

So who are the imbalanced players in attack? We currently have Hazard, Willian, Pedro, RLC, CHO, Giroud, Higuain. Sarri has all the formation options available on planet earth. No one asked him to limit his selection. 

44 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Get your head out of Sarri's arse and see the truth. 

I don't know how many times I have to say this to you, quite a lot seeing as your incapable of listening and taking things in, but I'll repeat it again.

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FEELINGS TOWARDS SARRI AS A MAN OR A MANAGER WHATSOEVER AND WILL NOT BE BOTHERED ONE BIT WHEN HE GETS SACKED. 

41 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

All the crap about Sarri not having the players to play decent football has disappeared then? Or you've just shut up only to bring it out next week.

Just utterly ridiculous, we didn't play any different last night so what on earth are you talking about?

paulw66   
Just now, Blue Rod said:

So who are the imbalanced players in attack? We currently have Hazard, Willian, Pedro, RLC, CHO, Giroud, Higuain. Sarri has all the formation options available on planet earth. No one asked him to limit his selection. 

NOT WHAT I SAID

The squad as a whole is imbalanced, which is why we finished 5th last year, and will finish anywhere between 3rd and 6th this year.

We have 6 attackers. Hazard is in his late 20s, the other 5 are over 30 or under 19. That is imbalanced.  

We have 6 attackers (including CHO) and 9 defenders (including Ampadu) - massively inbalanced. It should be the other way around 

It's quite simple.

Over a course of a season, these things cost you. 

34 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Nobody has said we have useless players. What plenty have said this year is our squad is what it is, a top 6 squad with an outside chance of finishing in the top 4 and maybe, hopefully, winning a cup.

You've become the new celery this year, constantly talking rubbish and thinking if you say it enough it will be true. 

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Nobody has said we have useless players.

Isn't this what is called a straw man argument?