• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Ruben Loftus-Cheek Departs And Signs For Fulham On Loan

Recommended Posts

Kezza   

RLC is fragile and does not possess a fighters mentality. Contrast that to Mount. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RDC Williams said:

RLC being talked up somewhat by Tuchel in the Mail (yes I know) today.

 

RLC is one of many on a list of loaned players given to the 1st team coach for assessment in pre-season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

RLC is one of many on a list of loaned players given to the 1st team coach for assessment in pre-season

One - very likely.  Many not so sure.  One of 5 is my guess.

I doubt it.  I guess Gallacher, Ampadu, Sarr and Guehi will be there for actual consideration.  Cumming and Broja may be there ahead of fresh loans.

I doubt the senior side of the security fence will be visited by Moses, Miazga, Rahman, Bakayoko, Barkley, Drinkwater, Van Ginkel, Bats or Kenedy.  Probably not Zappacosta too.

Or the other 16 players currently on loan.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

One - very likely.  Many not so sure.  One of 5 is my guess.

I doubt it.  I guess Gallacher, Ampadu, Sarr and Guehi will be there for actual consideration.  Cumming and Broja may be there ahead of fresh loans.

I doubt the senior side of the security fence will be visited by Moses, Miazga, Rahman, Bakayoko, Barkley, Drinkwater, Van Ginkel, Bats or Kenedy.  Probably not Zappacosta too.

Or the other 16 players currently on loan.
 

Highlighted ones plus Tomori will be assessed - IMO

Last chance saloon for Ampudu, Barkley, Moses, Bats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Highlighted ones plus Tomori will be assessed - IMO

Last chance saloon for Ampudu, Barkley, Moses, Bats

Tomori will be gone I reckon.  If Milan don't buy him, someone else will, probably before pre-season.

Ampadu has plenty of chances left after his good season in the Prem.  But the plan may well be to send him on loan again.

Barkley, Moses and Bats are gone as far as TT is concerned.  If they are at Cobham in august, they better bring the nannies car, because they won't be parking in the secure car park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sciatika   

Personally, I think many of the players that are not in the academy or first-team squad will go if someone makes a reasonable bid. There is not a lot of money in football at the moment and so it's a buyer's market. We need to figure out what we can earn from each player from loans, what they cost in wages, what is left in depreciation and "do the math", as our US cousins say. In some cases, a reasonable bid may be simply to take the overheads of the player off our books. The same might go for some of the loaned academy players too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kezza said:

RLC is fragile and does not possess a fighters mentality. Contrast that to Mount. 

I agree. All his past managers seem to rate him extremely highly, but I really can't see a future for him with us. I've watched him pretty closely this season, and I haven't been impressed. He appears to have real mobility issues, and, played as a roving attacking midfielder he does not appear to have contributed a lot to Fulham's attack.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Personally, I think many of the players that are not in the academy or first-team squad will go if someone makes a reasonable bid. There is not a lot of money in football at the moment and so it's a buyer's market. We need to figure out what we can earn from each player from loans, what they cost in wages, what is left in depreciation and "do the math", as our US cousins say. In some cases, a reasonable bid may be simply to take the overheads of the player off our books. The same might go for some of the loaned academy players too.

My conclusion from the bold part is that shifting the players could be pretty difficult.  At the difficult end of the market we are a seller in the buyers market.

I'm just glad the board at Chelsea don't seem to thing that this is a manager/coach problem, just an FD problem.

8 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

I agree. All his past managers seem to rate him extremely highly, but I really can't see a future for him with us. I've watched him pretty closely this season, and I haven't been impressed. He appears to have real mobility issues, and, played as a roving attacking midfielder he does not appear to have contributed a lot to Fulham's attack.

It is funny how many stars of Academy have been played in this CM playmaker position which is so different to any role they can expect to play when they break into the first team.

I can see how it maximised the value of RLC in youth teams.  Or Gilmour or J McEachran.  Or Lewis Bate who is starring there now.  It might explain why for so long Academy coaches ended up being promoted faster than their players.

Pleased to see that Mount at least, a natural CM playmaker, is going the way Pirlo got there as an AM/8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Backbiter said:

I agree. All his past managers seem to rate him extremely highly, but I really can't see a future for him with us. I've watched him pretty closely this season, and I haven't been impressed. He appears to have real mobility issues, and, played as a roving attacking midfielder he does not appear to have contributed a lot to Fulham's attack.

This has always been an issue with him. It is sad to say but RLC isn't anything other than a over hyped prospect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now