• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

paulw66   

We are grateful to Frank for what he has achieved in his time as Head Coach of the Club. However, recent results and performances have not met the Club’s expectations, leaving the Club mid-table without any clear path to sustained improvement

This paragraph in the club statement sums it up for me.

JaneB   
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think so , speaks volumes really.

Does it?

Weasel words no doubt drafted for him.

Just now, paulw66 said:

Normally managers get praised for getting the best out of their players. Not Sarri.

Normally a coach gives a bit of praise to his best player. Not Sarri.

Just now, JaneB said:

Does it?

Weasel words no doubt drafted for him.

In as much as he must like Lamps as he never normally comments on anything whatsoever 

1 minute ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Throwing money at a problem isn't enough. Real questions need to be asked of this club's ownership.

Under these lot, we have become a club consistently battling for fourth place - and we don't seem to be working towards anything. 

Liverpool and City in good shape. Much improved Leicester. Resurgent United. Growing Everton and Tottenham. Even Arsenal look to be improving.

The table doesn't lie. Chelsea have a bloated mediocre squad and an ownership group with no clear path to improvement.

I agree. We have missed the opportunity to develop resilience in the group by coming through this difficult period intact. We may see results improve in the short term, because that always seems to happen in the event of a managerial change, but we had a real chance of building a stronger culture and a platform for a stronger club. 

1 minute ago, NoblyBobly said:

Normally a coach gives a bit of praise to his best player. Not Sarri.

C'mon Nobly , when he won the Europa League he did dedicate the victory to the Napoli supporters so he can't be all bad. Lol. 

Feeling less than charitable, It appears Roman lacks the Cojones to follow his own convictions.

Not convinced Tuchel is the answer other than Not being Italian.

It must be a German is the latest fad,  and We will build a team around Havertz and all will be well.

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Normally managers get praised for getting the best out of their players. Not Sarri.

Because he didn't! There was nearly open rebellion. Hazard saved what there was of his sorry arse.

7 minutes ago, hag831 said:

Clubs a joke. Will we ever give anyone some time

We have been in a slump for nearly 2 months and without any sign of improvements, even in the 2 PL games we won we struggled to the finish line. On the basis of how this season has played out with Liverpool and City off the pace, we should be in the title race. 

This isn't a matter of giving time after a small blip. This is a drastic slump. We need a more experienced, tactically astute, evident man manager, more overtly charismatic manager. That's what we are about to get. I'm much more optimistic about where we can finish in the league and CL now. 

I have great sentimental affection for Frank like we all do, when I was a kid and teen he was the player (alongside JT) I would imitate whenever I played football, I probably still subconsciously do when I play football now.

But being a manager is a different ball game. I have personal experience in an office work environment of how one can be a "star player" when a normal staff member and when I was given management responsibility I wasn't good at making sure others work the way I wanted them to and quietly returned to being a normal member of staff. It feels like perhaps Frank was in a similar dilemma, as many star players are when moving to management. 

Sir   

About time.. was a farcical appointment in the first place and Lampard isn’t and wasn’t good enough as a manager of Chelsea Football Club. May seem harsh but in reality this was always likely to happen. I may seem harsh also but I’m delighted this has happened because the results and performances have been nothing short of shocking for a long while. Hopefully someone competent comes in and can get something out of these players and reach even half their capacity. 
I’ll await all the pundits ‘he didn’t get enough time’ nonsense, when in reality he really did. Didn’t they argue always English/British managers don’t get top job opportunities? Well Lampard did and showed he wasn’t up for it. I imagine his record here is pretty abysmal, along with two cup final defeats (one technically a draw but a loss of a trophy)