• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

12 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Ok, so what have those players done exactly?

I don't have their phone numbers and if I did they would probably not speak to me so I have no idea " exactly" what they have done. But Matt Law of the Telegraph ( who has been on this story for a while) claims that Rudiger, Jorginho and Alonso were all up for sale in the summer. The numbers of player staff was bloated in Lampards opinion. Buyers could not be found for these players so they stayed with the club. Rudiger in particular was not even on the bench and was very unhappy. There was apparently resentment from certain senior players about what they perceived as Lampards preferential treatment of the academy players . 

These are Matt Laws words and as he is a respected journo with the Telegraph a lot of other media outlets went with it. 

To date Rudiger has left no message about Lampards departure and Aspi has made no direct comment about the fight claims. He left 3 blue hearts on Tammys Twitter page and a picture of him in the aftermath of scoring . He's running away and Rudiger is chasing him. Both look happy. No idea when this pic was taken. 

1 minute ago, NoblyBobly said:

I don't have their phone numbers and if I did they would probably not speak to me so I have no idea " exactly" what they have done. But Matt Law of the Telegraph ( who has been on this story for a while) claims that Rudiger, Jorginho and Alonso were all up for sale in the summer. The numbers of player staff was bloated in Lampards opinion. Buyers could not be found for these players so they stayed with the club. Rudiger in particular was not even on the bench and was very unhappy. There was apparently resentment from certain senior players about what they perceived as Lampards preferential treatment of the academy players . 

So fairly standard stuff then. 

1 minute ago, NoblyBobly said:

To date Rudiger has left no message about Lampards departure and Aspi has made no direct comment about the fight claims. He left 3 blue hearts on Tammys Twitter page and a picture of him in the aftermath of scoring . He's running away and Rudiger is chasing him. Both look happy. No idea when this pic was taken. 

Has every player other than Rudiger left a message? I dont do social media so have no idea how these things work.

1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

Has every player other than Rudiger left a message? I dont do social media so have no idea how these things work.

Also Carefree Youth has now deleted his Twitter account where the reports originated from and from what I can glean apologised for starting a witch hunt and that his sources weren't correct about 20 mins before doing so.

Its starting to get a bit fishy tbh.

Just now, Martin1905 said:

Mate believe what you will ...I am not stopping you. Likewise I will have an open mind to stuff from media outlets with good connections . Doesn't mean its all true and it doesn't mean its all bollox. Maybe the truth is somewhere in between. 

I'm kinda done here for the moment if I'm honest. The blue light is dimming. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Also Carefree Youth has now deleted his Twitter account where the reports originated from and from what I can glean apologised for starting a witch hunt and that his sources weren't correct about 20 mins before doing so.

Its starting to get a bit fishy tbh.

Brilliant, so the one credible source in all this has changed his mind, deleted his account and run away.

4 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Brilliant, so the one credible source in all this has changed his mind, deleted his account and run away.

Sounds about right!

chelboy   

I’ll still wait for what Matt Law says. He’s usually ahead of everyone else when it comes to Chelsea news. I don’t consider him as a bs type of journalist. Either he was fed wrong info from someone in the club as an attempt so smudge Rudiger or something may have happened. If something did happen it may also have been blown out of proportion. The club are very aware of social media so I’m not too surprised Tammy tweet came when it did. Many have reported there are fractions in the team. It will take a bit more than a tweet to convince me. The next 6 months or so will be interesting to see what happens. Winning is just the best cure for all of this really. 

kratos   

Having taken a step back to clear my mind. I am gutted that Frank is now another name in the wall of dismissals, but given our history especially under Roman better coaches have gone for less.

Frank is a legend and always will be, the guy gave me some of greatest moments I'll ever know. One moment was when he challenged Robben for the ball and put it out for a corner and called Robben a word I will not usher here.

Unfortunately looking past the legendary status that is Frank Lampard I feared when he was appointed that this job had come too early for him having only managed for one year prior.

Still under the circumstances there was not a conga line of coaches wanting to come in due to the transfer ban and Frank wanted it.

The way I look at it like with most coaches there were always positives and negatives.

The positive:

Frank was back at Chelsea.

He brought through several academy players who for the most part stepped up to the challenge and are now part of the squad.

When things clicked there was some lovely football to watch but we'll get to negative on that too.

Got us in to the CL and to the fa Cup final.

For the first time in a long time I felt close to my club again.

And now the negative:

As I said above when we turned it on we were such a joy to watch however when things didn't go to plan we folded faster than superman on laundry day.

Players uncertain on the field, being indecisive and making individual errors that we would be punished.

Trying to put players in positions that they were going to be less effective in, you guys know that already.

Defensively for a short time we looked better but eventually we were undone and back to the same song and dance and especially last season having conceded more goals than under Gullet.

Frank would change up the side and formation too much at times, one player has a bad game he was out for the next, replacement has a bad game then he was out too. Unfortunately players cannot get anything going when it's like that.

Apologies for going overboard here.

Anyway I hoped Frank would have turned this round but I guess the board where less confident and decided pull the trigger and salvage what they can in the second half of this season.

At the end of the day it's a results based business and sadly Frank was not doing that and didn't look like he would either.

Edited by kratos
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, kratos said:

Having taken a step back to clear my mind. I am gutted that Frank is now another name in the wall of dismissals, but given our history especially under Roman better coaches have gone for less.

Frank is a legend and always will be, the guy gave me some of greatest moments I'll ever know. One moment was when he challenged Robben for the ball and put it out for a corner and called Robben a word I will not usher here.

Unfortunately looking past the legendary status that is Frank Lampard I feared when he was appointed that this job had come too early for him having only managed for one year prior.

Still under the circumstances there was not a conga line of coaches wanting to come in due to the transfer ban and Frank wanted it.

The way I look at it like with most coaches there were always positives and negatives.

The positive:

Frank was back at Chelsea.

He brought through several academy players who for the most part stepped up to the challenge and are now part of the squad.

When things clicked there was some lovely football to watch but we'll get to negative on that too.

Got us in to the CL and to the fa Cup final.

For the first time in a long time I felt close to my club again.

And now the negative:

As I said above when we turned it on we were such a joy to watch however when things didn't go to plan we folded faster than superman on laundry day.

Players uncertain on the field, being indecisive and making individual errors that we would be punished.

Trying to put players in positions that they were going to be less effective in, you guys know that already.

Defensively for a short time we looked better but eventually we were undone and back to the same song and dance and especially last season having conceded more goals than under Gullet.

Frank would change up the side and formation too much at times, one player has a bad game he was out for the next, replacement has a bad game then he was out too. Unfortunately players cannot get anything going when it's like that.

Apologies for going overboard here.

Anyway I hoped Frank would have turned this round but I guess the board where less confident and decided pull the trigger and salvage what they can in the second half of this season.

At the end of the day it's a results based business and sadly Frank was not doing that and didn't look like he would either.

You know what Kratos, I think you've just about summed up my own feelings in that post - it's spot on. Thank you.