• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

46 minutes ago, JaneB said:

What has any of that got to do with the price of fish?

*decent enough* ??? Oh thanks Jorginho 🙄

And it doesn’t matter who he was talking to or in what language, it was bound to be picked up.

Its not really about the different views on Frank, it’s that he had to say anything at all 😡

Thing is almost no one at Cobham now could take the idea that SFL was shafted.  He just failed,  
"Too soon" is about as kind as it gets.  It isn't Jorginho's job to pacify delusionists.

9 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I know Frank said the same thing about Avb but that was a while after.

This is some time after as far as most people are concerned.  

10 minutes ago, chelboy said:

He’s been here for 3 years and I’m still wondering why we paid £60M for him.

There was a tweet response to the story:

I don't think he needs to worry about people who have hated him for 3 years - that is their problem.

GURJ SS   

Nothing wrong with what Jorginho said, as excited as us fans were to see Lamps come to manage us, many fans had the same point of view. Lamps started off great and made the best out of what he had in his first season, but once he had to make critical decisions as less the underdog but more the silverware chaser he started to get things wrong; most likely because it was just too soon for him in his career to deal with high pressure and critical decisions at vital points in a game, and overall during the season. Experience is often underrated, we were spoilt with a young manager like Jose who even though had won the CL wasn't exactly vastly experienced when he came to us, but someone like AVB showed us what happens most of the time when the step up is too soon, 

I'm sure if Lamps goes on to manage a few mid-table teams, maybe even a relegation battling teams, he will be successful and find his way back to Chelsea one day. We've seen Gerrard have success similar to what Lamps had at Derby, pretty much all positive situations, the real test is when a manager goes through a difficult patch and probably over 90% of managers fail their first difficult patch; which is why it wouldn't surprise me if Gerrard stays with Rangers and keeps it cushy for a little longer. Lamps was incredibly brave to take the job, but personally as much as it was great to see him back I think if he'd come to us in 2025 we'd possibly have found a manager for the next 5-10+ years.

Jorginho just gave his opinion and as a professional his insight should be welcomed, he didn't say Lamps was a bad manager in any way, but more so that he experienced difficult situations too early in his career; I'd say that's bang on.

Hopefully we see Lamps back here one day and he leads us to silverware, and goes on to become not just a legend as a footballer and personality at the club, but also a manager.

Until then, he has much to learn and hopefully he does it asap and earns another crack at the job.

Edited by GURJ SS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

chara   

GURJSS....Great Post...says it all...I always look to your game analysis and this is just as accurate...Thank You

• Like 1

Bison   
18 hours ago, JaneB said:

Jorginho criticises Frank Lampard for taking Chelsea job | Metro News

Classy from Jorghino.  I'm sure Frank is mortified that a great player such as yourself thinks so badly of him.  If you haven't got anything nice to say then keep it buttoned.

You're just another ordinary journeyman passing through who doesn't give a fig about the club.  How dare you criticise our Chelsea legend.  We all know what happened with Frank as our manager and there will be no one who feels worse about it than the man himself.  No need at all for you to pile in as well.  Livid.

Legend status, I remember Lampard saying something similar about AVB when he was sacked.

Jorginho is right, Lampard wasn't ready for the job.

Another one, perhaps not surprisingly, for not seeing anything to feel very strongly about in what Jorginho said. I think it always makes sense to take these things with a pinch of salt; leading questions get asked, answers get filtered through a translator, words are divorced from context. The Metro article does at least though quote what appear to be full sentences, so my guess is that they do fairly represent what Jorginho said. And I think you'd be working hard to even call what he said criticism and not just ... description? It literally is true that Lampard got the role here without going through what managers usually go through to get the job here.

If you work for the Metro, you know how to frame coverage of Jorginho and/or Lampard to get people reading. 

I feel Jane's pain but really cannot see too much wrong in what Jorginho said , he said what many fans of the club we're saying and I think secretly Frank would agree knowing deep down that he really could have done with a few more years experience first .

I think Frank's tenure was a great opportunity , one that he grasped with both hands but in my opinion he should have surrounded himself with better more experienced coaches .

Ham   
18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I feel Jane's pain but really cannot see too much wrong in what Jorginho said , he said what many fans of the club we're saying and I think secretly Frank would agree knowing deep down that he really could have done with a few more years experience first .

I think Frank's tenure was a great opportunity , one that he grasped with both hands but in my opinion he should have surrounded himself with better more experienced coaches .

IF we were to win the big one this year, his time in charge will have been absolutely pivotal in our history.  

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

IF we were to win the big one this year, his time in charge will have been absolutely pivotal in our history.  

Agreed. Deserving of recognition.

And dare I say it an indication that the E$L really was cobbled together at the last minute .

Why sack your iconic popular coach if you've got a 23 year run at Europe lined up ?

Edited by Mark Kelly

14 minutes ago, Ham said:

He'd be a hero - just like AVB.

GURJ SS   
11 hours ago, chara said:

GURJSS....Great Post...says it all...I always look to your game analysis and this is just as accurate...Thank You

Thanks mate, I try. I think sometimes I lead with my emotions too which is why I sometimes wait a while to post on a subject in this part of the forum, it's difficult for us fans as we just want what's best for the club, unfortunately that can lead to losing people like Lamps.

Edited by GURJ SS