• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

On 4/24/2021 at 1:43 PM, Ham said:

IF we were to win the big one this year, his time in charge will have been absolutely pivotal in our history.  

In what way?

Ham   
2 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

In what way?

We qualified for it under him. 

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

We qualified for it under him. 

66 points and we sure showed those Russians from Krasnodoor and Frenchies from Stade Rennes a thing or two.    Well the Frenchies anyway.

A helping hand to keep him in his job from a certain Gianluca Rocchi.

paulw66   
On 23/04/2021 at 6:49 PM, JaneB said:

Jorginho criticises Frank Lampard for taking Chelsea job | Metro News

Classy from Jorghino.  I'm sure Frank is mortified that a great player such as yourself thinks so badly of him.  If you haven't got anything nice to say then keep it buttoned.

You're just another ordinary journeyman passing through who doesn't give a fig about the club.  How dare you criticise our Chelsea legend.  We all know what happened with Frank as our manager and there will be no one who feels worse about it than the man himself.  No need at all for you to pile in as well.  Livid.

I think you are being hugely over sensitive about this.

It was an interview, and he was asked the question, which he answered honestly, and in my opinion, completely accurately. 

It is impossible (if you look at it without emotion) to disagree that he took the job too early. 1 year in management in the Championship, no years as a coach anywhere, then on to manage Chelsea. Had disaster written all over it.

What does Jorginho say that is wrong or nasty? he doesn't think badly of SFL, he simply states the obvious truth that he wasn't ready for a job of this size. 

Journeyman player. Really?

JaneB   
4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I think you are being hugely over sensitive about this.

It was an interview, and he was asked the question, which he answered honestly, and in my opinion, completely accurately. 

It is impossible (if you look at it without emotion) to disagree that he took the job too early. 1 year in management in the Championship, no years as a coach anywhere, then on to manage Chelsea. Had disaster written all over it.

What does Jorginho say that is wrong or nasty? he doesn't think badly of SFL, he simply states the obvious truth that he wasn't ready for a job of this size. 

Journeyman player. Really?

Probably but that's me.

It's not so much what he said but the fact he said it in the first place.  He didn't have to answer the question or could have chosen his words differently.  

Rightly or wrongly I'm still hugely protective of Frank and never thought I'd be in a majority of one on here in that regard.  When Jorginho has been at Chelsea for rather longer than he has and has contributed even a fraction of what Frank did in his playing career, not to mention being brave enough to tackle management, he might have something of interest to say.

Until then, he was Sarri's pet and didn't like another manager coming in.

Chrisb   
1 minute ago, JaneB said:

Probably but that's me.

It's not so much what he said but the fact he said it in the first place.  He didn't have to answer the question or could have chosen his words differently.  

Rightly or wrongly I'm still hugely protective of Frank and never thought I'd be in a majority of one on here in that regard.  When Jorginho has been at Chelsea for rather longer than he has and has contributed even a fraction of what Frank did in his playing career, not to mention being brave enough to tackle management, he might have something of interest to say.

You’re not in a majority of one, I’m still annoyed with the club for their treatment of Frank and after hearing about that Jorginho interview I chose not to read it. The reason being that if it was being printed over here he clearly wasn’t going to be praising Frank! Time will heal the wounds as it always does, just this time it’ll take a bit longer.

• Thanks 1

chara   
3 hours ago, JaneB said:

Probably but that's me.

I think you have every right to be angry at the whole SFL affair and to be annoyed at Jorge.

Reading the "interview" though he really doesn't attack Frank but states an opinion as to the reason circumstances didn't work out for Frank.A typical media fill in piece with lazy journalism.

Most on here very much regret that things didn't work out for SFL and will always hold him in the highest regard...to over simplify...when a great Chelsea player has a bad game..it does happen!... we don't turn on him.

Ignore the windups and remember most of us are with you in spirit and most of us harbour anger/resentment however muted now about past treatment of a player (s).

14 minutes ago, chara said:

Reading the "interview" though he really doesn't attack Frank but states an opinion as to the reason circumstances didn't work out for Frank.A typical media fill in piece with lazy journalism.

Have you seen the full interview in Portuguese?  I have only seen a couple of sentences.  I would imagine the original interview starts off with discussing how disappointing Chelsea were in the first half of the season, and then asks what went wrong with Frank.  
I suspect the original journalism was fine, just a few clickbait sub-editors tried to make a quick buck out of it.

chara   
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Have you seen the full interview in Portuguese?  I have only seen a couple of sentences.  I would imagine the original interview starts off with discussing how disappointing Chelsea were in the first half of the season, and then asks what went wrong with Frank.  
I suspect the original journalism was fine, just a few clickbait sub-editors tried to make a quick buck out of it.

Well said Droy...probably what I was trying to say but put better!