• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

54 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I don't think he was our most talented, but if you ate talking about greatness........... longevity, achievements, trophies, consistency, professionalism, goals, big game moments........ For me he stands at the top, ahead of the likes of Cech, JT, Cole, Drogba, Hazard

He is our all time leading scorer............from midfield. It is insane. 211 goals. From midfield. It is honestly mental how he kept scoring so consistently, and in such important moments. 

Absolutely bang on. Certainly not the most talented (Eden Hazard was that for me), but definitely the greatest, most influential player we have ever had.

I remember people used to marvel at how many goals John Wark scored from midfield for Ipswich (135), but Lampard destroys him! 

JaneB   

LAMPARD MEETS REDKNAPP: Frank speaks out on 'loving' Abramovich's approach to sacking him and more | Daily Mail Online

There's also a piece by Matt Law in the Telegraph which I can't do a link to because I'm not a subscriber.

I think it's safe to say that Frank's love for Chelsea will never diminish and obviously the feeling is mutual.

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Our greatest ever player.

Full Stop.

Amen. 

No doubt.

Also the greatest goal scoring midfield the world has ever seen. A bold statement but one I have made for years and stand by it 100%

30 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Lampard MEETS REDKNAPP: Frank speaks out on 'loving' Abramovich's approach to sacking him and more | Daily Mail Online

There's also a piece by Matt Law in the Telegraph which I can't do a link to because I'm not a subscriber.

I think it's safe to say that Frank's love for Chelsea will never diminish and obviously the feeling is mutual.

Two very standard reward ceremony interviews.  Nothing to learn from either.  I suppose it is good he does them well.

Usually F5, then a quick ctrl-a and ctrl-c works for the Telegraph and you can paste it to say word or here.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/05/19/frank-Lampard-interview-sacked-hurt-pride-bond-chelsea-still/
but it seems not to be pay-walled for some reason.

Thank you Frank, for your part in this fantastic season.

The change of manager was made at the right time, but we must not forget the contribution Frank made to this current team and this season.

• Like 2

Rob B   
3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Thank you Frank, for your part in this fantastic season.

The change of manager was made at the right time, but we must not forget the contribution Frank made to this current team and this season.

Absolutely.

And very classily pointed out by Thiago Silva on social media too.  What a signing that has turned out to be. 

• Like 1

Leo91   

The way I see it, if you partook in the competition you deserve a medal.

paulw66   
15 hours ago, Kezza said:

Has Frank even come out and congratulated the team yet?

what are you expecting?

He isn't a big social media user.