• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

Ham   
1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

Ah right...had me going' there matey....

Actually I did find Droy's initial video offensive, but only because it was such a naff joke. Really childish. But then as he said I think, it was from the 80s, but in fact I still think it was naff even for then.

You started it with your Mel Smith ūüėČ

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

You started it with your Mel Smith ūüėČ

True enough mate, I did.

God that was funny wasn't it? I'm losing it you know, I really am.

A Frank Discussion

Juni article about Frank on TheChels
Starts with a very bold prediction  :)

A Frank Discussion

Posted By chelseayouth on June 30, 2019

Frank Lampard will be announced as Chelsea’s new manager this week.

The decision to hire the 41 year-old is as radical as any made by Roman Abramovich since his purchase of the club in 2003, and has already caused quite some consternation in an already divided fan base in the short-term as to the appropriateness of the move, while also creating an intriguing dynamic for the months and hopefully years ahead.

.... (it is long)

Talks about SFL at Derby, Chelsea fans, what RA is looking for in a manager this time etc etc.

24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

A Frank Discussion

Juni article about Frank on TheChels
Starts with a very bold prediction  :)

Talks about SFL at Derby, Chelsea fans, what RA is looking for in a manager this time etc etc.

But, but, but he was 100% nailed on to be announced the week before last, no definitely last week for sure, err no now it's next week for sure.. We will see either way but I'm personally not certain he's ready for such a massive jump so very soon.  If he does then I hope he proves to be successful. Next season will take care of itself as everyone will be bouyed by his appointment  but it's the tricky second that I'm more interested in as from there there is nowhere to hide (despite the 2 year free pass finishing in the bottom half or worse will see him gone)

Last year the 3 month open secret was Sarri. This year it seems to be Frank. Why dont we start early for next years. It seems we take forever to close any deal

12 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Last year the 3 month open secret was Sarri. This year it seems to be Frank. Why dont we start early for next years. It seems we take forever to close any deal

I just don't know what takes so long? Chelsea approach Derby, and they give us the approval to approach Frank - who must have been seriously deaf, not

to have heard about Chelsea's interest? I know that Frank's been on holiday, but even so. 

JaneB   
14 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I just don't know what takes so long? Chelsea approach Derby, and they give us the approval to approach Frank - who must have been seriously deaf, not

to have heard about Chelsea's interest? I know that Frank's been on holiday, but even so. 

I think I read that Franco's contract runs out today and maybe it's the same for the other coaches etc. that Sarri brought in, so perhaps nothing could be announced until tomorrow, 1st July, at the earliest.  I am sure there has been a lot to discuss!!!  And the question is IF Frank isn't coming here, who on earth is?  Surely there would have been other gossip/pointers by now. 

Edited by JaneB

2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I think I read that Franco's contract runs out today and maybe it's the same for the other coaches etc. that Sarri brought in, so perhaps nothing could be announced until tomorrow, 1st July, at the earliest.  I am sure there has been a lot to discuss!!!  And the question is IF Frank isn't coming here, who on earth is?  Surely there would have been other gossip by now. 

Good point, Jane. 

As for 'if not Frank, then who?', only Roman knows..........:)

Petr Cech said earlier in an interview that Frank was one of many candidates under consideration so he may not be as nailed on as we think. Then of course perhaps Derby, sensibly, would like to find a replacement before releasing Frank.

Edited by Lump Of Celery

kev61   
5 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Good point, Jane. 

As for 'if not Frank, then who?', only Roman knows..........:)

Too much common sense jane,But it has no revelance here!.The media would be falling over themselves if there were another candidate.There are any number of reasons why it hasn't been a done deal  - not least Frank doesn't like the cut of Marina's jib.We already know Frank gets on with Roman and Roman likes Frank.Frank can take his time(he doesn't need the money and doesn't need to go head first into a maelstrom)I think Frank senior knows his onions too and is advising his son.