• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

47 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Petr Cech said earlier in an interview that Frank was one of many candidates under consideration so he may not be as nailed on as we think. Then of course perhaps Derby, sensibly, would like to find a replacement before releasing Frank.

Spoken like the professional that is Cech.  But he is not fooling anyone, and the bookies have Frank shorter than ever so it still looks certain.

The club always like a pleasant surprise, so my guess is that there is much more news than just Frank.  Just my guess.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Spoken like the professional that is Cech.  But he is not fooling anyone, and the bookies have Frank shorter than ever so it still looks certain.

The club always like a pleasant surprise, so my guess is that there is much more news than just Frank.  Just my guess.

The candidates that the media are still name-checking (despite the odds) are Mourinho, Gracia, Allegri, Vieira, and SFL. Has to be Frank and Jodi, unless he/they want to stay where he/they are for the time being. 

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

not least Frank doesn't like the cut of Marina's jib.

absolute gobbledygook

As pointed out, today the club is ~6 short in the coaching department due to the departure of several of sarri's coaching staff

Marina's jibe is Roman's jibe and it is looking more likely a "Team Frank" will be announced in the coming days

I imagine the delay is partly because the two clubs are yet to agree on the level of compensation for not just Lampard, but possibly Jody Morris and Chris Jones too. I also imagine the club may want to announce not just a new manager but as many, if not all, new appointments (be they internal promotions or people coming into the club from elsewhere) in one go.

Holymoly   
12 hours ago, JaneB said:

I think I read that Franco's contract runs out today and maybe it's the same for the other coaches etc. that Sarri brought in, so perhaps nothing could be announced until tomorrow, 1st July, at the earliest.  I am sure there has been a lot to discuss!!!  And the question is IF Frank isn't coming here, who on earth is?  Surely there would have been other gossip/pointers by now. 

Big Sam spotted sneaking into Cobham through the back entrance...

Holymoly   
12 hours ago, kev61 said:

- not least Frank doesn't like the cut of Marina's jib.

Marina could cut my jib any damn day she chooses.

• Like 1

BlueFizz   

Derby have let Frank and Jody miss training - Mel Morris saying they assume Frank is coming to CFC so will seek their replacement. He also talks about Frank being away on hols until last Friday, hence delay.

I think it’s all sorted between clubs: about Frank,Jody and their team and Chelsea now.

Late this eve or tomorrow official news is my bet.

13 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Petr Cech said earlier in an interview that Frank was one of many candidates under consideration so he may not be as nailed on as we think. Then of course perhaps Derby, sensibly, would like to find a replacement before releasing Frank.

For me that is BS and no more than a negotiation ploy.

13 hours ago, kev61 said:

- not least Frank doesn't like the cut of Marina's jib.

This opinion is factually incorrect.