• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think we will be .

If we can't buy new players, then I think we'll see Giroud, Bats, and Tammy up front for the start of this coming season, with Willian, Pedro, and Hudson-Odoi (when fit again) in support - I think that SFL can work with that lot!

56 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Unless you have any other proposal what do you expect the club to do ? We have to make do with the strikers at the club.

Put in a request to have the transfer ban put on hold? 🤔

26 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

If we can't buy new players, then I think we'll see Giroud, Bats, and Tammy up front for the start of this coming season, with Willian, Pedro, and Hudson-Odoi (when fit again) in support - I think that SFL can work with that lot!

New £58m signing Pulisic not getting a look in then 😉

1 minute ago, Lump Of Celery said:

New £58m signing Pulisic not getting a look in then 😉

Well, he's not a striker, but I expect he'll be (hopefully) pulling the strings from a little deeper. But anyway, he's another asset for SFL..

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/01/frank-Lampard-will-merge-chelsea-academy-first-team-encourage/

So, according to this article, the academy will become more integrated with the first team squad (sharing meals, gym etc), and training times varied so that he can oversee 1st team training and then watch the youth players.

I wasn't aware that it was AVB that 'segregated' the two originally.

So someone at the club is close enough to Lampard to know both what he wants and what the physical building will allow.  And that person is briefing the Telegraph.  Sounds very unlikely to me.  More likely hack or someone not itk making it up as they go.   

Frank has enough to do without watching the kids.

29 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So someone at the club is close enough to Lampard to know both what he wants and what the physical building will allow.  And that person is briefing the Telegraph.  Sounds very unlikely to me.  More likely hack or someone not itk making it up as they go.   

Frank has enough to do without watching the kids.

Well you would be wrong, there is obvious attempt to restructure the running of the club taking  place,

Buts lets  wait and see.

37 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Well you would be wrong, there is obvious attempt to restructure the running of the club taking  place,

Buts lets  wait and see.

No - someone is just bragging that they are in the know - just like people were saying Cech was the new Technical Director, when he actually has a much junior title to that.

There maybe some changes going on but this piece isn't telling us anything useful.  And actually the club has always been very well structured apart for the period when Conte was here and he completely ignored the structure.

And I agree, lets wait and see, and not get excited about silly pieces in the Telegraph from journalists with editors on their backs.

kev61   
11 hours ago, McCreadie said:

This opinion is factually incorrect.

It is? Ok I'll take your word for it - I need to sharpen my game to what is speculation and what is a stunted reply.

kev61   
17 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

-

absolute gobbledygook

As pointed out, today the club is ~6 short in the coaching department due to the departure of several of sarri's coaching staff

Marina's jibe is Roman's jibe and it is looking more likely a "Team Frank" will be announced in the coming days

Gobbledgook! - I assure you sir I have a masters degree in jibberish!!.

4 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Unless you have any other proposal what do you expect the club to do ? We have to make do with the strikers at the club.

We pretty much let Higuain walk out the door. Not that he was necessarily the answer. But having him around would have been better than the potentially huge gamble we are about to take on Tammy possibly.