• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Perhaps Jody picked up on a feeling of exclusion amongst the development boys and wants to redress that. 

Rather some nobody riffs on the standard "club have to integrate the Academy" theme and creates a story with no basis.
The very idea that someone in a position of authority at the club is talking to the press pre-announcement is daft IMO.

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Rather some nobody riffs on the standard "club have to integrate the Academy" theme and creates a story with no basis.
The very idea that someone in a position of authority at the club is talking to the press pre-announcement is daft IMO.

... or maybe some of the academy players have been informed that they will now be having their meals with the first team squad, sharing the gym with them, etc., and one of the lads (excited at the prospect of feeling more "included") told a mate who told a journo?

38 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

... or maybe some of the academy players have been informed that they will now be having their meals with the first team squad, sharing the gym with them, etc., and one of the lads (excited at the prospect of feeling more "included") told a mate who told a journo?

Informed by who?  With Cech still telling the world it is not yet a done deal, I'd be very surprised if they were making announcements to the Academy players.
It isn't how things work in organisations, the priority will be to make it look as though SFL is taking all the decisions on or after his appointment, not that things have been forced on him.

This might be good guess work, but it remains guess work.

8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Seriously mate, Higuain was a waste of space, and simply took up valuable time in the canteen - I'd suggest that we didn't 'let' him walk out the door, we drove him to the airport!. An embarrassment last season, and would have been more of the same moving forward. Good to be shot of him.

Shame, because every now and then he would show great movement or get off a shot when it looked almost impossible and I would get excited but then nothing would happen for weeks and for a player with such personal rewards thats just not good enough. He never looked fit enough.

Another day in the beach coming to an end and no news. I think I saw Marina on the next sunbed which may explain the wait. She was with Petr and some Russian guy I used to see at the bridge a while back.

BlueFizz   

Anyone else finding it a bit weird that our official app - The 5th Stand - is now quoting the Derby County owner, Mel Morris, to explain what is happening with the Lampard negotiations?

Talk about a 'best-kept secret'.

5 hours ago, Zidane said:

Right. We only tolerate strikers who don't score if they cost us an arm and a leg. But strikers who don't score that cost us nothing are 'huge gambles'. 

No. I said to walk into the new season with a striker who isn't known to score in the league is a huge gamble. Keep up. 

In terms of your response regarding "strikers who don't score if they cost us an arm and a leg", Higuain did score a few times in the league IIRC. 

Lampard could basically be walking into a league season striking with Giroud and Tammy Abraham when his competitors will have Kane, Aguero, Gabriel Jesus, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Rashford, maybe Lukaku. Let's see, Higuain and Giroud vs Giroud and Abraham... which sounds like it would have been a better move for an incoming manager who people will undoubtedly be out to rip apart as inexperienced...? But yeah, by all means, let's watch every cent.

1 hour ago, BlueFizz said:

Anyone else finding it a bit weird that our official app - The 5th Stand - is now quoting the Derby County owner, Mel Morris, to explain what is happening with the Lampard negotiations?

Talk about a 'best-kept secret'.

Yeh I noticed that Blue.

I'm dying here. When is Frank gonna be appointed? !!

3 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yeh I noticed that Blue.

Mel only gave frank Monday and Tuesday off. Better get sorted today or frank is due back at work tomorrow.