• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Tammy Abraham

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm curious

With 12 goals under Lampard this season he was comfortably our best performing striker.

Everyone else has gone on to improve under TT.  Abraham has had just 289 mins of football under TT.  Why wouldn't Tammy improve too soon.
His only problem to me is that Havertz and Werner might overtake him as they get back to pre-Chelsea levels.

Isn't it the first injury lasting more than a week or two he has had in his career.  The very opposite of being injury prone.

Think I take Tammy over Haarland, who is overrated and I suspect he’s a blooter and could well be another Thomas Brolin sooner rather than later. 

26 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Really bad challenge? Maybe, but it seems to me every challenge he has is really bad, its hard to tell which are the really bad as he so often stays sat on his bum waving his arms around. Once he starts doing that in a game defenders have his number. He needs to get up and give as good as he gets to worry them and I dont see that happening. He is too light weight.

Scored goals for us, scored loads in the Championship where they are bigger bullies.  I don't think the physical side is his problem unless you expect him to play like Duncan Ferguson.
He isn't Giroud, and Giroud definitely isn't Abraham.

12 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see him being our number one striker, I'd keep him in the squad as a 2nd or 3rd option, but he is just not the level we need from a striker leading the line.

Well we just bought a £70m No one striker, and there is talk about a £100m+ striker too.
I don't think there is a player in the squad that wouldn't be vulnerable to replacement by a Haaland priced purchase.

paulw66   
18 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Scored goals for us, scored loads in the Championship where they are bigger bullies. 

Very good point, actually.

Funnily enough, our main "problem" under TT has been scoring more goals against the lesser sides, something that Tammy excelled in last season, to the point it became a criticism.

Giroud has obvious strengths, but his lack of mobility is a real problem when he starts. Hope Tammy gets a decent chance when he is back fit after the international break.

Jasonb   

I think in his second season in the EPL he got found out, he could not hold up the ball nor score goals from corners and crosses.

His ball control was often hit and miss though he could get on the end of move if the ball was played on the ground. He was also a poacher occasionally nicking the ball off a defender then finishing.

At times it was an embarrassment of epic proportions both for the player and fans missing good headed chance after chance.  

He realised it and so did the fans who were patient because he was home grown.

17 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think in his second season in the EPL he got found out, he could not hold up the ball nor score goals from corners and crosses.

Well he hasn't been found out (and this is his third season in prem).
All that happened was that Werner, Havertz and Giroud, 3 extremely good strikers, got played ahead of him.  And maybe there was a contract dispute (who knows).

paulw66   
19 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

6 goals and an assist in 1022 PL minutes. A goal every 170 minutes without taking a penalty, or a goal contribution every 146 minutes  

Last year, 15 goals and 3 assists in 2221. A goal every 148 minutes without taking a penalty, or a goal contribution every 123 minutes.

Both very good records. Dont understand what he has to do to get more game time. Not like anyone else is banging them in 

• Like 2

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

6 goals and an assist in 1022 PL minutes. A goal every 170 minutes without taking a penalty, or a goal contribution every 146 minutes  

Last year, 15 goals and 3 assists in 2221. A goal every 148 minutes without taking a penalty, or a goal contribution every 123 minutes.

Both very good records. Dont understand what he has to do to get more game time. Not like anyone else is banging them in 

There are several clubs that are alleged to be interested and I hope that interest stays because as you say his numbers look good and if he does not make it work with us hopefully another premier league outfit gives him an opportunity.