• Current Donation Goals

King Kante

Favourite Chelsea Matches

bert19   
4 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Mark Hughes should have been given an assist for Di Matteo's goal. His brilliant run takes the defender away leaving a huge gap.

I've been watching a lot of highlights from 1996 - 99 of late and it has really struck me just how good a cup game footballer Mark Hughes was for us.  If he wasn't scoring important goals (and there were plenty of them), he was carrying the weight of battling a back four and making runs & space for Zola et al to score them instead.  

A player who's experience and nous was hugely important in turning us into a trophy winning team.  

chara   

Roger Hunt did the same thing for the first goal in 1966....gave Charlton the same sort of opening...I was lucky enough to be behind the goal for that ..

The game..and Chelsea...has been blessed with that sort of often unsung hero over the years..Hutchinson comes to mind....

Couple more games up on CTV to stream for free

Both in full.

2000 FA Cup final against Aston Villa
Fine team starring Zola and the President of Liberia, even without Petrescu who had fallen out with Vialli
Helluva a midfield and the WC winning CB partnership
image.png.5ca4ef43e337136eb2fb1b3563455bb2.png

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/videos/v/2020/03/22/fa-cup---chelsea-v-aston-villa-2000-NxaW9iajE6Xi9QV3tINkpu0rtBaVvsTp

and 2012 FA cup final against Liverpool

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/videos/v/2020/03/22/fa-cup---chelsea-v-liverpool-2012-h1dDJjajE6J0Px5tpPEYVNRa7ktQ2JRR

That 2000 FA Cup was a bloody awful game though, probably the worst FA Cup final ever.  Loved the 2012 final though.

10 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

That 2000 FA Cup was a bloody awful game though, probably the worst FA Cup final ever.  Loved the 2012 final though.

Thanks.  It is quite possible I have never watched the 2000 game  - pre broad band for me, I was abroad and busy.
I'll put it on my medium term list.  If only to see Zola, Weah and Desailly again.

1 hour ago, blueandproud said:

You must not have watched the 2005 Final. Or the 2008 Final. And although it had goals, the 2006 Final was extremly low in quality. 2000 wasn't all that bad.

On 10/05/2020 at 8:51 PM, CostaTheBlue said:

You must not have watched the 2005 Final. Or the 2008 Final. And although it had goals, the 2006 Final was extremly low in quality. 2000 wasn't all that bad.

I did watch the 2005 final, at least the penalty shoot-out was half decent entertainment.  2006 at least had goals and excitement, the 2000 final had sod all, only Robbie's goal was interesting, though it ha to be said, Villa's (and the odious John Gregory's) tactics made Mourinho's look like the Brazil side of 1970

bert19   
On 5/10/2020 at 7:02 PM, blueandproud said:

Never understood why we took our foot off the gas at 2-0 though.  Should have beaten them by 3 or 4 really.  We looked so comfortable for so long in that game and really let them back into it I thought. 

4 hours ago, bert19 said:

Never understood why we took our foot off the gas at 2-0 though.  Should have beaten them by 3 or 4 really.  We looked so comfortable for so long in that game and really let them back into it I thought. 

Andy Carroll had probably the best 15 minutes of his career.

On 13/05/2020 at 5:51 PM, Backbiter said:

Andy Carroll had probably the best 15 minutes of his career.

If I had absolutely no awareness of football outside of the games I have physically been at, I'd consider Carroll one of the best English footballers of the last decade. Honestly, I've never seen him in the flesh without thinking he'd caused us problems and had been unlucky to have crap team mates around him. 

Luckily, I've watched football on TV just a few times ...