• Current Donation Goals

My Blood Is Blue

Season expectations/predictions/peculiarities 2020/21

Ham   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

I can't think of one. 

What gets me the most, and this isn't necessarily his fault, is that he gets away with so much. Fouls, dives etc......it's all because the FA don't want to upset him

Only foreigners are proficient in the dark arts. 

I can't think of one. 

What gets me the most, and this isn't necessarily his fault, is that he gets away with so much. Fouls, dives etc......it's all because the FA don't want to upset him

Sounds like Shearer.  

paulw66   
34 minutes ago, Ham said:

Only foreigners are proficient in the dark arts. 

The battle of the bridge in 2016 should have reds for Dier and Walker, as well as about 3 others, including Dembele and Lamela.

paulw66   
35 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Sounds like Shearer.  

At least he can string a sentence together without dribbling down his chin

The battle of the bridge in 2016 should have reds for Dier and Walker, as well as about 3 others, including Dembele and Lamela.

Such a misnomer.  It was like one of those Chess+boxing matches, but instead of one then the other, we played chess for 90 mins and spurs thumped us for 90.

All but one of our 6 or so bookings (for which we got fined more than them) were for protesting to the referee.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Has there ever been an England number 9 so hated by the majority of England fans? 

Guess it depends on what we say a number 9 is, but if we're going just with leading strikers ... Then basically all of them in the last 25 years? And maybe longer, just going back as far as I remember. Shearer, Owen and Rooney weren't the most popular figures.

Crouch did funny dancing, tbf.

Diddymen   
4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

So, next PL weekend we play WBA 

meanwhile, there is:

Leicester v Man City

If we can win those 2, there are plenty of dropped points happening somewhere for some of those. 

I can actually see Leicester beating ManShitty

paulw66   
On 09/03/2021 at 10:08 AM, Martin1905 said:

I dont think there are many on here who know quite what we have on our hands with Havertz. he' a phenomenon. 

Started to show it Saturday. I have faith in him (and you, Martin)

On 09/03/2021 at 9:24 AM, paulw66 said:

Update after yesterday

A - Fulham, WBA and Brighton (all H) - 9 points

B - Leeds (a), Palace (a), Arsenal (h), Leicester (h), west ham (a), Villa (a).......... I expect us to win at least 3 of those, probably 4, whichever ones they are. Minimum of 12 points, which puts us on course for 71+

C - put that down as a loss

That gives us 24 points from 11, and a total of 71. I think that would be enough 

Rewinding back to this........we have dropped 3 expected points from group A.

Out of group B, we have taken 4 points from 2 games, which is par. 

So:

A - Fulham, Brighton (H) - need 6 points

B - Arsenal (h), Leicester (h), west ham (a), Villa (a).......... if we win 2, draw 2, that is 8 points

C - City (a) - put that as a loss.

That means 14 more points, a total 68.  If we get 68 points, that discounts Spurs and Everton realistically, which leaves:

Leicester on 56 with 7 remaining, so would need 13 more points to better 68 at a rate of 1.86 PPG

West Ham on 55 with 7 remaining, so would need 14 to better 68 at a rate of 2 PPG 

Liverpool have 52 with 7 remaining, so would need 17 to better 68 at a rate of 2.43

For context, the current PPG for these clubs are: 

Leicester: 1.81

West ham 1.77

Liverpool 1.68

In conclusion, if we get to 68 points..........2 out of those 3 clubs would need to improve (significantly in the case of WH and Liverpool) on their initial 31 games average to finish above us. 

Edited by paulw66

Getting quite excited for this run in. RM dont worry me too much which will mean a meeting with City in the final. This Saturday is going to be a big one, if we can beat them then the ssed for a double could be sown.

11 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Getting quite excited for this run in. RM dont worry me too much which will mean a meeting with City in the final. This Saturday is going to be a big one, if we can beat them then the ssed for a double could be sown.

If we get City in the final, I want to London final. **** going to Turkey.