• Current Donation Goals

King Kante

Champions League 2020/21

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

You called it! Best possible draw from a strength perspective. If we manage to get past Porto I’m not overly scared of either side that awaits. It fees like it’s a long time since we had such a good chance of playing in a CL final.

On the other hand, imagine losing to Liverpool in the semis and then watch them go on to win it 🤢

there are worrying parallels to 2005..........final in Istanbul

Hope Real smash them because we never play Real, I hate Liverpool, and hate playing English teams in Europe. 

paulw66   
24 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Let's just get the job done against Porto. It's a strange feeling though as I don't yet feel as invested in the players as I have in the past, maybe because of lockdown and not being able to see them in the flesh?. These guys can make their own history however without feeling they're riding on the coat tails of the past.

Porto are clearly no mugs, but at the same time, clearly the weakest remaining opponent.

We wont get a better chance to reach a CL final for a while, I expect. Porto, then an off form Liverpool, or Ronaldo-less Real Madrid.  

39 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Porto are clearly no mugs, but at the same time, clearly the weakest remaining opponent.

We wont get a better chance to reach a CL final for a while, I expect. Porto, then an off form Liverpool, or Ronaldo-less Real Madrid.  

We are also in the best shape we've been in a long time. As you say Porto won't be a walkover, but I think it's okay to get excited at our prospects. Another Liverpool semi would be very intense. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

Couldn't have asked for a better QF darw than Porto. Not sure I want to play the Dippers in the semis though, they are starting to get a lot of their players back and I really don't trust the officiating when the chips are down for one of UEFA's favourite teams. 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

there are worrying parallels to 2005..........final in Istanbul

Bloody hell. I forgot about this. What a horrible thought that is!

Edited by Bridge Soldier

Ruudboy   

Silly question (wanders off into the distance whistling softly to himself, fingers tightly crossed alternating with being stuck in his ears, muttering 'lalalalala - don't tempt providence' from time to time .... )

Sciatika   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Lads ... Are we going to win the Champion's League?

Why not us? Someone has to. Just five more games without conceding.

Leo91   

While easiest on paper. Probably the toughest team to crack. They're gonna make it very difficult to break down.

It's the hope that kills you. We have a very good chance of making the final. 

Edited by Leo91