• Current Donation Goals

King Kante

Champions League 2020/21

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Until we have a team who can properly score goals there’s no way we’re winning anything especially the CL.

No idea about the CL, but I think the goals start soon.  

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

Ask @Mark Kelly he’s good at predictions 🤭

I think everyone is getting ridiculously carried away. 

For what it's worth, I think it's very, very unlikely. Just felt a bit giddy after a good result and favourable draw (and an 8% ABV Friday after work beer ... ).

I think every club on our side of the draw will be thinking they've got as good a route to the final as a non-favourite can get, tbf.

• Like 1

Leo91   

The bookies have us third favourites... Atleast what I saw after City and Bayern.

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Who would care? 

RDM again.

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

15 hours ago, Leo91 said:

The bookies have us third favourites... Atleast what I saw after City and Bayern.

That's generous of them. I wouldn't have thought they would have us above PSG, Madrid and Liverpool. 

49 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

That's generous of them. I wouldn't have thought they would have us above PSG, Madrid and Liverpool. 

It is probably to do with our route. If we beat Porto as we should, then we're in the semi's. Bayern and City are also highly likely to make the semis also. Dippers and Madrid are both playing in a way where you cannot predict that one, so they get longer odds. 

Another issue is what is being laid on a team as bookies will cover markets to maximise profits/minimise losses. Our win against AM would've turned heads and our way of playing makes us a very hard beat in cup games. I suspect there has been a bit of pilling on. 

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see us move to 2nd favourites in the next few weeks if we keep going as we are. PSG aren't doing as well as everyone thinks and could maybe even not qualify for CL next season, Dortmund will be staring down the barrel if they lose their next league game, Dippers still do not have a first pick CB, Real have been indifferent all season. 

Personally, I think 3rd favourites is about right for us at the moment. However, I do not think we will win it unfortunately. 

Edited by King Kante
  • Like 2

Another thing, if we can make it a Chelsea v City final, surely UEFA will switch venues to Wembley won't they? 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Another thing, if we can make it a Chelsea v City final, surely UEFA will switch venues to Wembley won't they? 

I doubt it.  Unless there will be more than minimal seats sold there is no advantage at all.
The disadvantage will be loads of fans milling around Wembley with no tickets and having to police that.

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I doubt it.  Unless there will be more than minimal seats sold there is no advantage at all.
The disadvantage will be loads of fans milling around Wembley with no tickets and having to police that.

I think Uefa are planning on 30-50% capacity at Istanbul if they can agree it with the Turkish Govt. In England/UK the plan by that time is to have 10k fans in attendance. However, politically I reckon there could be a chance they would allow 30-50% capacity at Wembley if the figures keep dropping, especially as it looks like the UK Govt are trying to push for more Euro 2021 games. 

The move would also be better for Turkey as well. If they get pushed back a year, then they could get the full benefit of a full capacity and two sets of foreign teams/fans descending on the city. 

For me it makes a lot of sense for all parties, if the UK Govt play ball and two English teams make it. 

14 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I think Uefa are planning on 30-50% capacity at Istanbul if they can agree it with the Turkish Govt. In England/UK the plan by that time is to have 10k fans in attendance. However, politically I reckon there could be a chance they would allow 30-50% capacity at Wembley if the figures keep dropping, especially as it looks like the UK Govt are trying to push for more Euro 2021 games. 

Scientifically - absolutely.
Politically - I really doubt it.
But maybe Turkey where the politics are different.