• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Southampton 3

3 minutes ago, Tammy's right foot said:

Can't really blame Kepa for any of the goals I thought he was much better today

Two last Soton goals was classic Kepa. 

It really is no coincidence we concede three goals from 6 shots on target for Soton as soon as he returns. That is his level. 

chelboy   
5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

What we lack is a recognised midfield. Our game management has been appalling for 18 months

The pivot today was exposed again. In the last 30 mins they were absolutely awful. Until James came on we had no sense of control. No matter the duo that plays in the pivot I can’t see us progressing until we play a flat 3 in midfield. 4231 with our current midfielders will be get exposed time and time again by teams who are good on the ball. 

3 minutes to go that game was showing some encouraging atacking progress, albeit with a caveat about the lack of credible options in defense.

Now Frank badly needs a run of results to survive past January.

Blue Rod   

Just as I predicted, the performance today bore no resemblance to that against Palace. Everything happens by chance rather rather than by design in this team. Defending happens by chance, goals come when they come, and even player and team discipline is a matter of if and when.

For the players we have, we should be playing decent and consistent football. We look years away from that right now. 

• Like 2

That Kepa mistake was the worst he's made for the club. He bottled a 50/50 situation. 

I know this is raw but I just can't. I'm beyond seething. 

Kepa is done here, I just don't see why we even both putting him on the bench when Mendy is fit. Don't get me wrong, this result is not all on Kepa at all, but a top keeper doesn't concede 3 today, not with the quality of efforts against him.

Kante was sloppy today.

Kai and Werner were awesome as was Chilwell.

Zouma and Christensen is not a partnership, Tomori should have played.

Mentally fragile and weak.

chara   
1 minute ago, Ham said:

I'd suggest you have a look again at how he bottled it. 

Every time he gets a chance he blows it. 

I cannot excuse any keeper for not smothering at a forwards feet wasn't a hard one or a suicidal one.....second time..need to watch again but...Zouma cleared in front of a "standing" Kepa near the end...and I usually give any keeper the benefit of the doubt.....and I don't do the "I would have got it" clever armchair save...but even now I would have smothered it and I am OLD!!!!

Rob B   
9 minutes ago, Tammy's right foot said:

Two points thrown away. This will pile on the pressure for Frank but it was again the individual mistakes (Havertz and Zouma) that cost us. Can't really blame Kepa for any of the goals I thought he was much better today

Eh?? 

He literally missed the ball for their second goal.  Yes the ball played back from Zouma needed a bit more pace on it, but Kepa got their first and just totally missed it.  Absolute clanger. 

chelboy   
4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Subs were odd too.

Surely if werner goes off Giroud has to come on? He can hold the ball and defend set pieces. 

I don't understand ho AC gets a game.he didn't play against palace and they didn't have a shot. He played today and at West Brom and we ship 6. And he was sent off against Liverpool

The love for Christensen is the most confusing thing I have ever seen. The amount of lives he gets in this team is amazing. 

I can't remember who it was but someone showed a list of the pairings in CB and the goals we conceded. We always concede more goals with him in the side. How Frank hasn’t figured this out yet is remarkable. No clue why he still gets a chance here.